Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Airlines resume flights June 5th

Default US Airlines resume flights June 5th

...or so they say Both Delta from Atlanta and American from Miami are scheduled to arrive here on Bonaire tomorrow. Local tourist board is giving the two arriving flights an all out welcome festival complete with traditional folk dancers. Other good news is that covid testing may ease up. Right now you still need to take a PCR test 3 days before arrival (Wed for Sat) and a rapid test 24 hrs before (Fri for Sat) to show on arrival along with your Health Declaration form in Bonaire. I'm still hoping one test will be sufficient soon or maybe even none with a vaccination card but that's more wishful thinking. I'm told I can take my covid test to return to the US at the Marriot - I'll post more on that next week.

United looks like they are holding out on resuming service until November 6th from Newark (I'm already booked on that flight) - not sure if United will start sooner from Houston.

July flights that I looked at are almost completely sold out and expensive. I am headed back to NJ next Saturday hopefully on Delta thru Atlanta - I'm hanging onto my EZ Air Friday Curacao/Aruba flight and United Sunday Aruba/Newark flights until I see Delta come and go tomorrow.

I need to be back on Bonaire 7/10 for only a week and had a hard time finding 2 seats together on either airline 7/10 or 7/17.

Crazy times still. Hotter then usual here but otherwise great.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The info on BonaireCrisis.com re tests needed for entry to Bonaire is somewhat conflicting. If you take the 72h PCR/NAAT test prior to arrival, you also need an antigen test, but the site says it must be taken in Bonaire at the airport when you arrive and ALSO says you can take it within 24h of departing for Bonaire. When the planes arrive today (June 5) and next Weds and Sat, we may find out if BOTH options are admissible.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

My understanding from talking to the locals who travel on and off Bonaire is that one or the other (24hr in advance or for $47.50 at the airport on arrival) rapid test is still required plus the PCR done within 72hrs.

I corresponded with publichealth@bonairegov.com, to clarify this. Their response:
    "Hereby we would like to inform you that you have the option to choose to do the antigen-test within 24 hours upon your departure or at your arrival in Bonaire."

And one can also do a NAAT/PCR test within 24h of departure for Bonaire and not have to do the antigen test in addition.

Default Pick One

[QUOTE=tursiops;463674]I corresponded with publichealth@bonairegov.com, to clarify this. Their response:
    "Hereby we would like to inform you that you have the option to choose to do the antigen-test within 24 hours upon your departure or at your arrival in Bonaire."

Do a NAAT/PCR test within 24h of departure for Bonaire and not have to do the antigen test in addition.
    he results of the following tests are accepted on Bonaire:
    1. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure.
    or
    2. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 72 hours before arrival on Bonaire and an antigen-test at arrival.
    As of 1 June, 2021 it is possible for arriving travelers to have an antigen test done at Bonaire’s airport. If a passenger tests positive they must go into mandatory isolation at their home or holiday address on Bonaire.

The Covid testing to return to the US can be done the day you are leaving at the new building they put up at the airport - I just tried booking for this coming Saturday and all the test times 2-3 hrs before our Delta flight were already taken so I booked a mid-morning appointment for us and will go back and forth - for me it's easy, my house is in Belnam. You can book your Covid test online in advance at www.bonairesafetravel.org - chose the DAC airport location. To book multiple travelers at the same time slot, add the tests to your shopping cart one at a time. The $47.50 become $49.35 with the service fee added.

It appears the language on the Bonaire COVID website has changed. The option to take a Rapid Test 24 hrs. prior to departure is gone. The only rapid test option now seems to be doing rapid test upon arrival at the Bonaire airport. Is anyone else reading it that way or have clarification on this?

Default Still the same as of this June9 th.

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    It appears the language on the Bonaire COVID website has changed. The option to take a Rapid Test 24 hrs. prior to departure is gone. The only rapid test option now seems to be doing rapid test upon arrival at the Bonaire airport. Is anyone else reading it that way or have clarification on this?
    The following requirements apply to passengers from countries that have not been mentioned above: If you are 13 years or older you may only travel to Bonaire with a negative coronavirus test. The US & Canada are not in list so we follow the below. Q&A travelers - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire (bonairecrisis.com)

The results of the following tests are accepted on Bonaire:
    1. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure.
    or
    2. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 72 hours before arrival on Bonaire and an antigen-test at arrival.
    As of 1 June, 2021 it is possible for arriving travelers to have an antigen test done at Bonaire’s airport. If a passenger tests positive they must go into mandatory isolation at their home or holiday address on Bonaire. For more information and to book a test please visit: www.bonairesafetravel.orhttps://en.bonairesafetravel.org/arrivalBonaire/

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    No, the language has not really changed. You still have two options; quoting from Bonaire Crisis:

The results of these tests are accepted on Bonaire:
    1. A negative NAAT (PCR) test result, taken within 24 hours before departure
    or
    2. A negative NAAT (PCR) test result, taken within 72 hours before arrival on Bonaire and an Antigen test immediately upon arrival.

Saying "rapid test" is just confusing yourself. the term used to mean an Antigen test, but now means any test that provides a result quickly.

The BonaireCrisis site has conflicting information. #2 option above makes it sound like the Antigen test can ONLY be taken at the airport when you arrive.
    But elsewhere on BonaireCrisis it says:

As of June 1, 2021, it is also possible for arriving travelers to have the antigen test taken at the airport of Bonaire.

To clarify this, I emailed the publichealth@bonairegov.com and got this response:

Hereby we would like to inform you that you have the option to choose to do the antigen-test within 24 hours upon your departure or at your arrival in Bonaire.

Thanks for the clarification and thanks for taking the time to confirm....