Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Time Spent on Bonaire Impact Time Allowed in Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius etc...

Question Does Time Spent on Bonaire Impact Time Allowed in Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius etc...

Question - does time spent on Bonaire impact time allowed to be on Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius and vice versa?

Example -
    As a Canadian I'm normally allowed to visit Bonaire for up to 90 days
    Lets say I visit Curacao for 30 days at the start of a trip
    I then go to Bonaire on day 31
    Does my 30 days on Curacao reduce my time allowed on Bonaire?

Normally 90 days but will it be reduced by the 30 I already spent on Curacao?
    Or are they all treated independently from one another?

Just wondering how interconnected the Immigration Rules are between Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius etc...

Hope this question made sense! I think I may have confused myself typing this ;-)

Appreciate any insights!
    Thanks!

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I called the Dutch representative of Curacao in The Netherlands for you.
    Could not get a 100% clear answer.
    They advised to contact:
    Contact the Toelatingsorganisatie (Admissions Organization) (TO) on Curacao
    For that purpose call (+5999) 733 2000 or send an email to info@immigrationcur.org.

Curacao is not part of Caribbean Netherlands. A stay there should have no effect on your 90-day period on Bonaire, Statia (aka St. Eustatius), and Saba. In other words, Curacao is a different country.

Enjoy!
    Tish

Quote Originally Posted by tish View Post
    Curacao is not part of Caribbean Netherlands. A stay there should have no effect on your 90-day period on Bonaire, Statia (aka St. Eustatius), and Saba. In other words, Curacao is a different country.

Enjoy!
    Tish
    Would you be so kind as to give me a link where you confirmed this?
    The Dutch representative in The Netherlands has told me that the six islands are still considered to be one area where it concerns the 90-day period

No link involved. The operative word is "should." In other words, I was speculating based on the fact that three of the six Dutch islands became a part of the Netherlands on 10/10/10 and the other three did not do so. We're a part of the Netherlands and the EU, whereas Curacao is not. It's only part of something else called "The Kingdom of the Netherlands," which is not a country. (Yes, this isn't easy!)
    I wouldn't ask Immigration in Mexico or Canada about US immigration rules. Similarly, I suggest speaking to Caribbean Netherlands Immigration about our rules rather than calling an official of another country.
    I received residency on Bonaire in 2002 and have lived here ever since. Finding out the rules even when you live here can be difficult, but I suspect your best bet is to call the phone number listed in our Buki di Telefon for Caribbean Netherlands Immigration: 599 715-8330.
    Hope when you learn the answer, you will post it here. Thanks!
    Tish

Thank you for your responses, I'll definitely report back if/when I can find a definitive answer!

UPDATE:

I emailed the Toelatingsorganisatie (Admissions Organization) (TO) on Curacao at info@immigrationcur.org
    Received a response quite quickly!

Good news is - Time Spent on Bonaire does NOT impact Time Allowed to Spend on Curacao (and vice versa)!

From the official email correspondence:

The time spent on Bonaire does not affect the time spent in Curaçao as these two islands are separate.
    A Canadian can stay in Curaçao for a total of 90 days a year as a tourist.
    Should he/she wish to stay longer must a petition be submitted for a short stay as over winterer.
    When the petition is being treated, will be decided on how much longer the person can stay.
    Normally this would be an additional 90 days.

That's great news.
    I'm glad the email address I supplied worked and that you received a quick answer

You're safe now, when you start in Bonaire and travel to Curaca

Maybe aks Bonaire too :-) if you want to go to Curacao first
    It could be you get a different answer there.

Default Additional Info:

Quote Originally Posted by DebraNuschka View Post
    UPDATE:

I emailed the Toelatingsorganisatie (Admissions Organization) (TO) on Curacao at info@immigrationcur.org
    Received a response quite quickly!

Good news is - Time Spent on Bonaire does NOT impact Time Allowed to Spend on Curacao (and vice versa)!

From the official email correspondence:

The time spent on Bonaire does not affect the time spent in Curaçao as these two islands are separate.
    A Canadian can stay in Curaçao for a total of 90 days a year as a tourist.
    Should he/she wish to stay longer must a petition be submitted for a short stay as over winterer.
    When the petition is being treated, will be decided on how much longer the person can stay.
    Normally this would be an additional 90 days.

They also confirmed that you would NOT be required to pay Curacao Taxes under the Overwintering Label!

Quote Originally Posted by DebraNuschka View Post
    They also confirmed that you would NOT be required to pay Curacao Taxes under the Overwintering Label!

Yes, I can confirm that. We have had several guest from Canada who stayed in one of our villa's in Curacao for overwintering.
    Very often they were visited bij their (grand) children during that period.
    The number of Digital nomads is also increasing.