Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Callout for anyone concerned about the future health of the Oceans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,759

    Lightbulb Callout for anyone concerned about the future health of the Oceans

    https://experiment.com/projects/ocea...e-sensor-suite

    I think it is great that Bonaire has been chosen as one of the 5 locations for this study.

    Please help if you can.
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Done! Thanks for the info.

  3. #3
    tursiops's Avatar
    tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ModRoy View Post
    https://experiment.com/projects/ocea...e-sensor-suite

    I think it is great that Bonaire has been chosen as one of the 5 locations for this study.

    Please help if you can.
    Whatever happened with the previous low-cost monitoring project at Bonaire, run by Burt Jones I think? Did anything come of that? Were the results ever used?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillytoSabadeco View Post
    Done! Thanks for the info.
    We thank you so much, Phillyto Sabadeco




    Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Whatever happened with the previous low-cost monitoring project at Bonaire, run by Burt Jones I think? Did anything come of that? Were the results ever used?
    I'd have thought with your line of work, you'd be able to answer that for us Mel ? Goggle didn't help me at all
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

  5. #5
    tursiops's Avatar
    tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ModRoy View Post
    I'd have thought with your line of work, you'd be able to answer that for us Mel ? Goggle didn't help me at all
    Well, it was kind of a rhetorical question. I hoped someone local might know something.
    Best I can tell, nothing happened. It just stopped, with no reports and no impact.
    I'm jaded; how will this new one be any different?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Well, it was kind of a rhetorical question. I hoped someone local might know something.
    Best I can tell, nothing happened. It just stopped, with no reports and no impact.
    I'm jaded; how will this new one be any different?
    Well as it states in the Project description this is a World wide project, I've checked with the Project Manager, the readings will be available online as the Project advances
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,759

    Lightbulb The $9,900 Target has been achieved, now there's additional Grant Funding available..

    ....dependant on how many backers the Project has.
    If you haven't already, please consider becoming a backer to the OceanSense instrument project. $1 from each person will actually have more of an impact than $10 from one person. Since the project has reached its financial goal, every additional individual backer (just $1) will help to increase Aqualink and View Into the Blue's share of the Conservation Technology Challenge Grant. Just one dollar!!! The deadline is February 9th so please considering helping today! (Literally, JUST one dollar!)
    And did you know that Bonaire has been chosen for the first site to get a sensor?!?! How wonderful that we can view the waters that will receive the sensor! It's all due to the wonderful backers. Please consider becoming one.

    and as an added Bonus a new "Angler Camera" is also being sent with the Sensor Package, to be installed at the same time.
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,136

    Lightbulb Here's a sample of how the "Live" info will be shown

    This is one that has already been prepared on Hawaii, the Sensors are planned to be fitted by end of March

    https://aqualink.org/reefs/1006

    The ReefCam has just gone online today, first tests have shown a faulty cable somewhere, but I managed to get some video captures...



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,136

    Lightbulb The Project is funded and the first 5 Sensors are in final testing

    and will be on the way to the first 5 locations by end of March

    Info on the First five locations for the Ocean Sensors

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,759

    Question A quick question to all visitors to this Thread/topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy aka rayman View Post
    and will be on the way to the first 5 locations by end of March

    Info on the First five locations for the Ocean Sensors
    Can you see the PDF document in this Link ok? it is a PDF in a Dropbox Storage site, I've tried it myself and it appeared fine, as in easily readable.

    Did you manage to view/read it without difficulties??
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •