Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Airlines Returning to Bonaire in February

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default US Airlines Returning to Bonaire in February

https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2...-february-6th/

Good news with Delta starting flights to Bonaire Feb 6 and AA plus United the following week. Hopefully there will be sufficient bookings that the flights are not cancelled again at short notice. Costly and inconvenient PCR tests required on both ends could kill demand like it did for Westjet out of Toronto. And hopefully the local testing can keep pace with demand for 4 departures on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

Looking forward to avoiding the extra flight and formalities of going via Curacao. I

AGD

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by agd View Post
    https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2...-february-6th/

Good news with Delta starting flights to Bonaire Feb 6 and AA plus United the following week. Hopefully there will be sufficient bookings that the flights are not cancelled again at short notice. Costly and inconvenient PCR tests required on both ends could kill demand like it did for Westjet out of Toronto. And hopefully the local testing can keep pace with demand for 4 departures on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

Looking forward to avoiding the extra flight and formalities of going via Curacao. I

AGD
    This is the third thread on this information.
    It does indeed look like it is going to be happening.
    Just a note: the PCR on return is only to Canada; the US is Ok with an antigen test (cheaper and faster). Thread drift on the 2nd post will NOT be tolerated, please stick to the Topic of the Thread Title
    Last edited by ModRoy; 01-23-2021 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Thread Drift
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Mel,

True about the antigen test for the US.

But this is not intended to be the the third thread on the same subject. The Musings thread was up to 29 pages of diverse topics and becoming too cumbersome to find anything in it, so separate threads were started about where and how to get Covid tests in Bonaire and this one to report on flights starting, relevant dates and the subsequent changes or cancellations. But forums being forums, thread drift is inevitable.

Cheers

AGD

It appears that United has cancelled all flights to Bonaire for the foreseeable future.

I appreciate the heads up - I was booked with United to fly on 2/27. I just spoke to them and they said the flight is not cancelled BUT they only sold 14 seats and they are not selling anymore - so it definitely sounds like it's going to get cancelled. Same for my return flight on 3/20. I'm going to try and book American.

Where are you departing from, Newark or Houston?

I believe ChrisL comes from New Jersey but he can confirm.

A cursory search shows no upcoming flights to Bonaire on United from either EWR or IAH. AA no longer shows availabilty from MIA.

The exception, for now, is Delta still has availability from Atlanta.

Air Canada has also cancelled their Curacao flights, though Aruba remains on the schedule.

Options look to be thinning again.

Some good news is the clarification that KLM flight crews do not require rapid testing before departing Bonaire has allowed the route to AMS to continue if you want to go the long way around.

AGD
    Last edited by agd; 01-24-2021 at 12:31 AM.

I agree it is looking like things on the air travel side will not be getting much better very soon, and even take some backward steps. We had hoped we could get back to good the old days and take the BON-IAH-YYC flight route that gets us home in one day. The reverse route also got us here in one day also, it was a great service. But alas it seems that option is some time away now.
    S&E Tanton

Will Bonaire be accepting documentation of vaccination for entry?

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    Will Bonaire be accepting documentation of vaccination for entry?
    Requirement applies even after vaccination

You must present a negative test result even if you have received a coronavirus vaccination.