Thread: Cost of adding pool?

Cool Cost of adding pool?

We are planning on moving to Bonaire within the next 18 months. I am constantly looking at existing properties for sale. How much money should I expect to add to a home price if I see the need for a pool? And what could the monthly/annual up keep cost?
    I have searched for a thread addressing this and I have been unable to find one. If this has been answered? Can you direct me to that thread?
    thanks

Of course I found the thread myself after asking! Thread title “pool installation “ if any one else needs it.
    Last edited by ModRoy; 12-02-2020 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added HyperLink to Pool Installation thread

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

That’s great. When I read your first post I was thinking how hard it must be to dig a pool in most places on Bonaire. You’d be digging into rock, lava rock, or coral.
    If you guys decide to get a sedula and need any tips let me know. You can learn from my mistakes this year.

it's limestone not coral - and not lava either-

There are really only 2 real swimming pool contractors on Bonaire. One does fiberglass pools and the other does concrete pools. Digging in the rock is not a big deal - they have the equipment2CE31A79-D2E9-4523-AF25-D1F7574C0D5B.jpg85144C95-C461-48C7-98ED-91017FFCBD8C.jpg. A pool will be $35-$70,000 for a medium size pool complete. I have a medium size pool - it uses $200 worth of water a month after evaporation, at least $100 in electricity and $200 in monthly maintenance and chemicals. Given the cost of water & electricity on Bonaire a swimming pool is a real luxury. 9A661CA7-A7EC-4BD7-9A99-061D0803F209.jpg

Thank you for the updated information ChrisL The thread I had found was a few years old. And when the time gets closer? I will take you up on your offer MelE.

There is no easy answer to your question, size, depth, decking, lighting, and other factors will determine the price. In addition, once excavation starts, surprises can complicate the work (including finding water pockets). We just completed a build and only limited surprises along the way. Frank at BSC pools and his teams do great work.

754C6EB4-A3BE-47CC-BD26-B941FD68F1CD.jpg

Frank from BSC pools did my pool and takes care of it. They do good work. Water is about 100$ a month, electric 50$ , maintenance 120$ , Cost of a pool is high and maintenance is costly, but it is used morning noon and night..... for me ...it is worth it. CEEBCBE4-68CA-4735-89DC-82A60C5FFD91.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images