Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta is RIDICULOUS

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Default Delta is RIDICULOUS

I have been checking flights for some time between April 1st and September 1st and Delta is INSANE! Some weeks coach tickets are above $2000. Business is between a low of $1951 on 7/11 to a high of $3314 on 6/20. Who in their right mind would book at these fares? Both United and American are more than $1000 cheaper per ticket for either class. I can't wait for the 737 MAX to be reinstated and drive the fares even lower. As a Delta Gold Medallion I would prefer to fly them but I can't justify an extra $2000 for tickets.
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

I had the same issue with DELTA (Doesn't Every Leave The Airport) from the same area you're departing from michaeto. Seems DELTA doesn't have a Sunday flight to Bonaire like it did the last couple of years during the off season. Don't know why they do not anymore, when we'd fly out on Sundays during that time the flights were always packed.

We used to love Air Jamaica when the fly out of BWI (Baltimore).

There are plenty of flights into Curacao then jump over to Bon with Divi Divi.

We generally fly American (miles) and have been doing this for years. Of course we must overnight in Cur but, from home we must overnight somewhere both ways anyway.

Would be nice if Divi Divi would put a plane on a little later to get to Bon after the AA flight lands in Cur and early enough to get to Cur to make the AA flight without an overnight each way on Cur.

check out E-Z air. divi does not fly at night.

Actually, Divi does fly into the early evenings since it received its new Twin Otters a few years ago. So both Divi Divi and EZ Air offer reliable hops over from Curacao and back.

yes indeed Divi flies early evenings - thanks for reminding me! inter island connections are now very reliable as well!!!!

I checked their schedules, neither leaves Cur late enough to make the AA connection work. AA arrives in Cur at 8:45PM. EZAir is showing their last flight at 8:45PM and Divi Divi shows 8:00PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    I checked their schedules, neither leaves Cur late enough to make the AA connection work. AA arrives in Cur at 8:45PM. EZAir is showing their last flight at 8:45PM and Divi Divi shows 8:00PM.
    American used to have two flights a day into Curacao.......if they are still running on that schedule, is there any way you could make the earlier one? Before Bonaire had good non-stop options, I used to fly the early AA flight into Curacao and easily hop over the same day. Going back mandated a very early flight from Bonaire to Curacao, but was still do-able.

Default Try Google

Quote Originally Posted by michaeto View Post
    I have been checking flights for some time between April 1st and September 1st and Delta is INSANE! Some weeks coach tickets are above $2000. Business is between a low of $1951 on 7/11 to a high of $3314 on 6/20. Who in their right mind would book at these fares? Both United and American are more than $1000 cheaper per ticket for either class. I can't wait for the 737 MAX to be reinstated and drive the fares even lower. As a Delta Gold Medallion I would prefer to fly them but I can't justify an extra $2000 for tickets.
    When we were booking our flights for January, Delta only listed a couple options and they were all between 1400 and 2000 dollars. We did a google search for Delta to Bonaire and found many other options. We had to make an extra stop in Cincinnati but the RT tickets were only $860 dollars from PLN to Bon. It includes an overnight in Atlanta but we always do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    American used to have two flights a day into Curacao.......if they are still running on that schedule, is there any way you could make the earlier one? Before Bonaire had good non-stop options, I used to fly the early AA flight into Curacao and easily hop over the same day. Going back mandated a very early flight from Bonaire to Curacao, but was still do-able.
    Thanks but that doesn't work either. My day goes from Albuquerque to Dallas to Miami to Curacao.