Thread: Plaza Resort all inclusive meals

Default Plaza Resort all inclusive meals

Anyone have comments on food with Plaza? We have all inclusive Breakfast, lunch and dinner as part of our group.
    Curious as to quality of food. Assuming combo of Buffet and set choices. Are the buffets all you can eat? Will breakfast be a continental breakfast of breads, donuts, cerals.. (CARBS) or offer hot options.

Do they charge extra charges for upgraded choices? e.g In buffet, offer rubber chicken but if want steak, lobster, have to pay and "upgrade fee". I can understand paying more for higher end items (lobster, large steaks..)

Whatever happened to the other restaurant? I think was called Banana tree..Assuming all meals now at Tipsy Seagull.

Will we be able to have theme evening meals (e.g. Wed BBQ) as dinner?

Would like to know quality and quantity.. Am on restricted diet.. (no carbs, sugars..) I know, I'm on vacation.. Don't want to go overboard..

Hello Ifigueroa-
    We have stayed at the Plaza many times, most recently this past July for 2 weeks. We were also concerned on the quality of food when they went all inclusive but we found it better than expected. They offer buffet and at all meals a plated dish, or what the call "Live Cooking" as part of the plan without additional cost. Theme nights include Italian, Mexican and BBQ.

You might want to contact them if you are on a restricted diet to meet your needs.

Unsure how the upgrades for food work. Again, may want to contact them.

You can also catch some sandwiches at the Coconut Crash for lunch.

The Banana tree is gone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! This helps! I always loved eating at Tipsy Seagull. Can't beat a better venue on the water. Always cool to see others suiting up and going in during meals

Smile

Couldn't agree with you more about the view from The Tipsy! The Tipsy.jpg

We also have been going there for many years and were concerned over the quality with the change to AI. A few very fussy self proclaimed foodies in the group All I can say is that they blew us away this past May! The buffet was always very good and sometimes the live chef was outstanding. One night he tossed a whole tuna on the counter and was slicing to order - sashimi or cooked as you like it. At the beginning of the week they were serving us glasses of wine, but very quickly abandoned that in favor of bottles in ice buckets. The service was excellent. I did miss eating at some of our favorite restaurants in town, but AI worked out much better than expected.