Thread: Doing Yellow Hut/Karparta without a car?

Default Doing Yellow Hut/Karparta without a car?

Hi!

It seems like Lac Bay is doable without a car -- Just taxi both ways.

Klein you don't need a car for.

Is there any way to do Karpata/Yellow Hut without a car? We are going out with Renee our first day on the island, but I am not sure where we will go.

The above two are the only places that we would need to rent a vehicle for it seems like, and we are trying to avoid it if possible. Any ideas for alternative ways to do it? Are there dive boards maybe for carpooling or some such?

Thanks!

-Devin

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Karpata is a long cab ride north ... then an even longer cab ride back because of the one-way. I am sure you could do it, but be prepared to pay.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I don't understand going to the shore-diving capital of the world without transportation to get to the dive sites. Part of the allure of shore diving is you are on your own schedule...not that of some other person offering you a ride. Taxis are expensive in Bonaire, would you have them wait for you at the site? I'll bet just one taxi per day come close to the cost of renting a car.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

have you thought about renting a car for a subset of your vacation? ie, 1-3 days. Are you trying to avoid it for expense or another reason? I am a diver, but would never consider not renting a truck for a Bonaire visit, even if I could afford all day boat dives to Klein each day. There is just so much else to see, etc. Plus its nice being on your own schedule. IMHO Klein is the best snorkeling but it is nice to try some of the other spots on your own schedule. Even if you are staying in the heart of downtown and can walk to restaurants, etc, the island is fun to drive around and you would miss a lot without the car.

Yes I have to agree you really need a vehicle, so much more to see and do with transportation.
    And Jerry said, Keep it light, Keep it friendly. Post Like Jerry.

It's my experience that Renee goes to the sites near town. She has taken us as far north as Andrea I and II, and and as far south as Tori's Reef, but when we requested the northern sites, she declined.

-Amy

Hey all, thanks for the info!

We lucked out and ended up with a car affordably from the woman we are renting this apartment from

Had a lovely time with renee this morning and snorkeled at sunset at the plaza. Klein tomorrow!