Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MANTA RAY VIDEO from Cornhusker

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I agree on the markings---I was swimming had to catch up and get above the manta to get a shot of the back and it was somehting to behold! Location was right by Carib Inn---there is a street just about 200' south of their location and it leads right to the shore line wher you can park the dive truck and just walk in--it is also where we saw turtles along with 3-huge lionfish at the 90' zone. Great dive, little current and great slope down to the bottom. This is one of our favorite sites on Bonaire for us along with Wayaca II [lots of others of course] but it was a great trip.

thank you so much for the video! I'm so excited & hope they hang around until I get to see one in person!! What did you film the manta with? I would probably be zoo excited I'll forget how to run my camera, LOL.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

GoPro 3 attached to a rod. I had just turned it on and had it set for video when my wife started banging on her tank so just got lucky.

bcwolfen Lurker

Great video, beautiful Manta. They sure are graceful.

Quote Originally Posted by sorobonanne View Post
    I have never seen a Manta with those markings , very nice! was it near OIl Slick?
    There's a term for that type of marking that the guide in Tahiti told me, but the name escapes me. Here's a picture of a 18-20 foot manta we floated about 20 feet above in Bora Bora. It was one of the most intense moments of my life. Below is a nine second video of the same manta. Truly stunning.

NICE !!!!!!!! and he/she even had a smilie face as markings
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Awesome video cornhusker!! Such a graceful, beautiful creature.....

JimMc is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

When I come back to the next life, I want to be a manta ray. I will make sure I stay in areas where there are a lot of divers. They will swim above me, below me, beside me and think to themselves, " Jim, you are so cool." I'll just look back at them and wink and smile. Coolest animal in the sea, in my opinion. Thank you everyone that made the video appear on BT.
    Pachi Jim

I remembered the term for the black and white version of the manta. It's called a Chevron pattern. That is all.

Manta's are still cruising Bonaire. We saw a juvenile about 4ft size at 18th Palm last week. The next day at one of the northern sites, some of the same folks saw another, larger Manta................