Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo traveller, first time to Bonaire - Where should I stay?

tennille is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Solo traveller, first time to Bonaire - Where should I stay?

Since my main focus will be diving, it seems like Buddy Dive is a great option. I would like to make things as simple as possible for myself as far as getting out to dive. I also want to be close to town, if I need extra entertainment. And I'd prefer to have a room close to and ideally over looking the ocean. Do you have suggestions that I can look into?

Thanks!

I would look inti Divi Flamingo Beach, close to town, 5 minute walk, good shore diving, great boats, right on the water. Restaurants on the property and adjacent to the property. Can't go wrong.Check it out.

Thanks! That actually looks really nice. What is the crowd that stays there like? Buddy Dive seemed like a slightly older crowd, not that I'm opposed to that, but I'm curious if maybe there's a younger set that stays at Divi Flamingo Beach?

JimMc is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Captain Don's, Divi, Buddy, all good. Diving is your main focus, and you have it at all three. Have fun.
    Pachi Jim

Dive Biddie is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I would think of all the places, Buddy's would have the youngest crowd, though you can't walk to town easily. Face it, alot of visitors to Bonaire are older !

They're also divers which makes them pretty much worthless after 8:00 PM, don't want to hurt their bottom time.
    And Jerry said, Keep it light, Keep it friendly. Post Like Jerry.

Carib Inn is usually booked up but if they have an opening it's a great place to stay. No restaurant onsite but next door to the Divi and close to town. Great dive operation. Very good rooms.

Thanks all - I'm not looking to party all night, so I'm not worried about an 8pm bedtime. I just don't want to ruin anyone's party by being the kid who shows up I'm torn between Buddy and Divi Flamingo - but having a room with an ocean view is kind of winning me over, so I'll probably end up and the Divi Flamingo.

At least with Divi, you can walk along the seaside road to town, pass quite a few bar/restaurants, & see how the vibe is, etc., from Divi itself, then At Sea, Four Seasons, La Luna, Capriccio's, City Cafe, Karel's Beach Bar/ZeeZicht, Paradise Moon (they have the largest gathering of resident Americans hanging there), La Guernica, Little Havana (Havana gets going around 11pm), then loop back. If nothing else, on the way back, go along the main street for a bit, get a gelatto at Gio's, check out Mona Lisa, Appetite, El Mundo Plazita Limenia, Casablanca, then back to the seaside & return "home"--all within 15 minutes walking time each way + stoppage time. :cheers:

Hijack not intended. I solo trip to Bonaire at times also. Normally I stay off resort but am considering resorts now for logistical reasons. It has come to my attention that Habitat Bungalows, Deluxe Ocean Views and Deluxe Junior Suites at CPT Don's has single occupancy rates. I'd love to hear input from anyone who has expirience with one or more of these room categories at CPT Don's. This info may also be beneficial to the OP. Thanks in advance.