Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Island Soon

Default On Island Soon

We arrive on Island, DAE willing on Saturday, from Aruba for a week of Snorkel fun on Bonaire.

I have been reading a lot- this site , Shore diving.com , I have the bible of Shore diving made easy, and the E book Bonaire Snorkel guide.

Also have a full day with Renee- hope to go to Lac Bay, and a day cruise with Woodwinds.

I want to talk my wife into a night dive with Renee but she is reluctant
    I want to go to Karpata and Margate Bay based upon my reading.
    We are staying south of the airport at Bellafonte de la mar (sic) condo.
    Is there good site to snorkel near the condo?

Any suggestions about other recommended snorkel sites

Hi, Djh Dive...

About night snorkel: We went out with Renee last year at night. It wasn't scary or difficult or cold. You will realize as soon as it's over that you saw things you'd never have experienced otherwise. Go for it!

Regards...Patsy ><((((o>

Can't recommend a night snorkel with Renee enough. As stated before, you'll see stuff you won't see in the daytime, and she keeps everyone close so nobody wanders off alone. Well worth it! Also, don't miss a trip with Dee and the Woodwind. The coral off Klein Bonaire is spectacular, and you'll see stuff there that you're unlikely to see anywhere else. Have a great trip!

Between this forum and scubaboard, I'm hearing of all sorts of people who will be there when we are there. I'd also like to try night snorkeling but my husband is reluctant as well. Should I pre-book with Renee? We've already booked on the Woodwind.

I generally prebook Renee, at least to figure out when you'll be on island, and what days she's available. I use the book online feature of her website, and she's always been very good at emailing me back with what days she can take you. Her website is

http://www.infobonaire.com/reneesnorkeltrips/

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

You have the best of both worlds with Rene and Woodwind. Enjoy...

Hi Michael, i sent you a PM.

I'm going on a night snorkel with Dee tonight at 8:30 We will be leaving from the dock of the Divi. Have absolute confidence in Dee - she is truly an amazing person, very caring,thoughtful, very knowledgable. Your wife couldn't be in better hands! Dee will even hold her hand if your wife feels a little nervous.

Last night was amazing! Met Dee and 4 members of the group at 8 at the Divi and walked to the Town Pier. We did not snorkel from the Divi. Saw so many fish and beautiful coral -tarpon, small barracuda, a beautiful octopus flying through the water, a good sized squid, many lobsters, a Spanish lobster (very strange looking, have never seen it before, looks like a big slug) a big green moray eel its mouth agape, a pretty purplish eel that looked like a wide ribbon, several other eels, a spotted drum, two pufferfish, several trunkfish, a sleeping parrot fish wrapped in mucus and other things. Under the dock the pilings were incredibly beautiful covered with brilliantly colored corals. At one point we turned our lights off, shook our hands, and saw biolumenescent creatures. We then snorkeled back to Divi. What a night!

WOW! it sounds great.
    Can you reccomend some snorkel sites you have recently tried?
    We have only 6 days on island and want to make the most of it.
    I can't wait till i'm in the water!!
    thanks for the info