Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: first travel to Bonaire - any sugeestions on where to stay?

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We heartily and enthusiastically third the Beachcomber Villas recommendation. We were there for 2 weeks in Aug/Sept 2011 and will be returning this upcoming aug. Also rented our truck from Telerin and nitrox from DFB - good results with both.

Wen Pederson is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Marcolva Henriquez (Poppy)
    Cell: 599-9-5163001 (24Hrs)
    Cell: 599-7886401
    PIN: 20D44BFA
    Telerin Car Rental
    telerin@bonairelive.com
    marcolva@hotmail.com

Poppy is the owner of Telerin.

thank you!

Lori

Try looking at BonairePros.com. We have used them to book several of our trips and they are great--I make my own airfare arrangements but have used them to book condo/truck/diving packages. They are located in Texas which makes it easy to contact them by phone if that would make things easier for you. Just browse their website first and then e-mail or call them. They are very responsive.
    Lori Mulhisen

We found Perla Boneriano via VRBO a couple of years back. Returning this summer and staying there again in Chikitu. There are seven homes/villas in the complex situated around a central pool. We really like having a house type arrangement, parking right at the door, etc. It's in a good area but still gated which was nice. I think many of these are listed on VRBO but they also have their own website, http://www.perlaboneriano.com/apartm...thevillas.html

I'm excited to hear the positive reviews for BeachCombers Villas. We are staying there for the first time in May! Another option for you might be Coral Paradise. While not ocean front, they are just a few steps away. We stayed there last Thanksgiving. They have a really nice set-up, with a pool. They help with everything, they arrange transportation from the airport and trucks are even waiting for you when you arrive at the property. The only reason we are staying at Beach Combers this time around is we wanted ocean front.

Hi,
    Any reviews on Hamlet Oasis resort?
    thanks,
    Lori

Hi Lori, there are several posts referring to Hamlet Oasis, Please use the search engine at the top of the page and see what comes up........then please ask more specific questions and I am sure people will answer thank you

the search engine is located at the top of the page just UNDER the fish it is a white rectangle with advanced search under it
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Hi,
    Actually, I did judt that however the search didn't bring up any reviews, just a mention of the name.
    Lori

Hi again.. You are so correct I just read every thread...... SO people lets go anyone stayed at Hamlet Oasis??? I do know that it is next to Capt Don's so there is a restaurant/bar near it.. and it does have steps to the sea. Most people that stay there dive with Capt Don's because the dive shop is right next door. with in walking distance there are two small grocery stores, Chat n Browse, Lovers Ice cream. a store where you can by liquor, a deli, a pharmacy and a chinese restaurant that is actually pretty good and a resturant that has pretty good reviews here recently.. not sure of the name.. Ellie's?????.. Of course Rum Runners at Capt Dons is very good for breakfast lunch or dinner.. and the deco stop bar has a great view of the sea.. Buddy's Resort is on the other side of Capt Don's so there is a restaurnt there as well. I believe the hamlet buildings are upstair and downstair rentals.........I could be wrong on that...

I am sure someone will chime in on this.....

I can remember someone saying they stayed there but not sure who at this momrnt in time..... Good luck....HTH a little
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.