Thread: Yachtclub Apartments

Default Yachtclub Apartments

Has anyone stayed there recently? We stayed there the last couple of years and wanted reservations for April. We got reservations from Classic International Hotels, but is that valid? We also sent an email to info@yachtclubbonaire.com but have gotten no response.

Just checking - Bea

Bea, there has been a change in management in recent weeks.....if you wrote awhile back, I would try writing again to confirm your reservation, just to be sure it was carried forward during the management change.

Thank you. I did get a reply that had 'wandered' into spam for some reason. And, yes Classic International Hotels now does their bookings. We are on our way!!

Bea

Default Yacht club management

I know the owners wanted to sell the property but the apartments were being operated by "Jolanda" , who supposedly had a couple years remaining on her lease.

Does "new management" mean they were able to force her out? How about reservations made last year?

We stayed there the last couple of years but booked elsewhere this year, in part, because of the uncertainty about her status. In total, over the years, we have stayed there five or six times and thought it was good value. We especially liked the pool area.

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We've stayed at Yacht Club Apartments a couple of times, both before and during Jolanda's time there. We enjoyed Rick & Kim's restaurant, but preferred the ambiance of the property without a restaurant on site. There was less activity and less noise. What is currently the restaurant area was previously a shared outdoor area near the pool for guest dining and BBQ. I agree with Sparty... the pool area is a nice feature of this property.

We've been on-island a week now. When we drove past YCA after arriving last week it seemed to me that the property was in need of some TLC. Paint was peeling in a few places and weeds had grown around the exterior fence walls. However, the last couple of days there's been a noticeable increase in activity. I've seen service and delivery trucks parked out front, and all of the weeds have been cleaned up. I'm not sure if this reflects a change in management, or just another cycle of property maintenance.

Well, the reservations are made and we are looking forward to staying there again.

Jolanda is gone. According to the website, Yalidy Lammers Reyes is now the manager. We received a response from an email from Dana Bosman.

We also enjoy the pool area. I'm not sure of the status of the restaurant. We'll see.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully all will be wonderful.

Bea

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by wwguy View Post
    We've stayed at Yacht Club Apartments a couple of times, both before and during Jolanda's time there. We enjoyed Rick & Kim's restaurant, but preferred the ambiance of the property without a restaurant on site. There was less activity and less noise. What is currently the restaurant area was previously a shared outdoor area near the pool for guest dining and BBQ. I agree with Sparty... the pool area is a nice feature of this property.

We've been on-island a week now. When we drove past YCA after arriving last week it seemed to me that the property was in need of some TLC. Paint was peeling in a few places and weeds had grown around the exterior fence walls. However, the last couple of days there's been a noticeable increase in activity. I've seen service and delivery trucks parked out front, and all of the weeds have been cleaned up. I'm not sure if this reflects a change in management, or just another cycle of property maintenance.
    UPDATE: Drove by yesterday and noticed fresh paint and new appliances being unloaded from a truck.

Thanks - now I'm really looking forward to the trip - once we get there! Getting there is not fun, but it is worth it once we get there.

Bea

I am here right now and it is LOVELY! The pickup at the airport went smoothly, the rooms are impeccably clean and well-equipped for a holiday rental. The grounds are green and lush and the pool is inviting. It's barely a five minute walk to the water's edge probably closer to three minutes but I don't want to exaggerate.

Sandra has been taking care of me like a sister. Her daughter is adorably cute and we speak in some kind of mock English/Dutch/French hybrid language.

I'm stuffed to the gills with Bobbejans ribs and cannot wait for the sun to rise again so that I can enjoy my coffee poolside.

Thanks. We will be there in about 2 months!!

Bea