Thread: Will DAE resume fligts to BON?

Default Will DAE resume fligts to BON?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when and if DAE will resume fligts to Bonaire?
    Thanks

They had two "unannounced" flights into Flamingo Airport the weekend before last...........but I didn't see any this past weekend.

After seeing the two "unannounced" flights, I wrote my contact at DAE in Curacao in the marketing department, to inquire if this was the re-instatement of services, but I never received a response.

DAE has announced locally that they plan to expland into the Venezuelan market, as one of the new management team has vast experience with that market. I don't know how that augers for Bonaire.

Thanks Susan,

I had a DAE conection flight booked for this Sunday, Nov 20th From Aruba to Bonaire. I called DAE call center today and they told me I will be automatically transfered to another airline, but they will let me know which fly will be just 1 day before!!!
    So, let`s be faithfull.

We were left to find our own way home in October. DAE after talking to the agent at the airport 3 times and the agent in town and being promised repeatedly to re-book us on another airline in time to make our AA flight in Curacao never contacted us and have never responded to any emails regarding our refund. I would never fly them again. I can understand having problems but to totally lose us in their system after so many promises is unforgiveable.
    Thank you Continental for getting us home.

Default DAE Flights to Bonaire

I have reservations for February. Would like to know experiences with DAE transferring their passengers to other carriers.

I had a conection DAE flight ARU-BON, last sunday that was changed to Tiara Air the next day. On request, DAE gave me accommodations, dinner and transfer to and from hotel in Aruba. They are waiting for the passengers to complain. They are acting in a case by case basis. Not reliable.

On my way back, tomorrow, DAE change me to Insel Air BON-CUR and conection DAE CUR-ARU. They sent me a message today. The problem is that the departure time of the conection CUR-ARU wont allow me to arrive in Aruba in time to take the flight to my last destination. So, I will have to cope with this tomorrow at the airport.

That`s it. A lot of stress. I suggest anybody with DAE tickets to Bonaire to prepare a "plan B".

My wife and I, plus 6 friends, have our vacation and flights booked for February. I emailed DAE a couple of weeks ago and they assured me all flights would be back to normal by then. They also thought that they would be able to resume their Aruba to Bonaire schedule by the end of November.

I went to check their schedules today, 11/27, and their web site is completely down, which doesn't make me feel too confident.

Our group has to make final payments to our resort, Harbour Village, by the end of December. If things don't look better by then, I'm afraid we may have to cancel the whole trip. Our connections from Boston via Jet Blue to Aruba don't allow us to use Insel or Tiara because of their limited schedules. I guess we could always book a place in Aruba so we won't lose our Jet Blue purchases, but that's not high on our list of dive vacation destinations.

What a mess! I'm afraid the DAE fiasco may wind up costing Bonaire's tourist industry dearly.

Hi guys, I am home.

Last chapter with DAE.

I asked for an earlier flight from Bonaire to Aruba and also to have a DAE crew waiting for me on my arrival there, so that my short transit time could be easier. They did it. There was a guy there already with my boarding card in hands, took me direct to my departure gate, picked up my luggages, checked them with GOL airlines and gave me the new luggages tickets when I boarded the plane to Rio de Janeiro.

Every DAE crew I met was polite and did his best to help me. But...

Be aware DAE just react on demand!!! If I hadn`t asked them for this kind of help, probably they would have let me on my own in Aruba.

So SAHOLZ, I think you should not call off your trip, but be prepared to be more flexible during your arrival and departure. If there is no flight for you upon your arrival in Aruba, DAE will provide an alternative...maybe the next day. In this case, they have to give you accommodations and transfers.
    On your way back, don`t accept a flight schedule that don`t make you confortable regarding your conecctions. Doing so, enjoy your dive vacations.

Good luck to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know when and if DAE will resume fligts to Bonaire?
    Thanks
    Nothing in the near future, according to DAE as of this week.