Thread: gear rental

Default gear rental

We're coming in the fall for the first time and have often seen it recommended here to buy hard soled booties and open back fins. We already own other fins and hate to outlay that money. Are there places on island where you might resonably rent the booties and fins?

There are some places where you can use your current fins. I did it for years, although I have to say open-back fins and hard-soled booties do make things simpler. You can enter the water barefoot at Plaza, Divi, and the beach just south of the Sand Dollar. And those are all very good snorkel spots. On rougher places, you can wear flipflops to get to the water and either leave them on the beach (never had my cheap ones taken) or secure them to yourself and take them along.

Debbi, you can rent boots, and openheal fins at Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments (BuddyDive Shop)dive shop. The shop is open to the public 9am to 4pm.

Default gear rental

Thanks for the tips - I guess we'll check out rentals and if too costly we'll keep reef shoes in a bag with us in the water - don't want to be restricted to sites because I'm a "tenderfoot" Thanks for replying