Thread: Harbour Village Dive Operation/house reef

Default Harbour Village Dive Operation/house reef

Just wonder if anyone can comment on the Dive Op @ Harbour Village-something like 'Great Adventures'

Also the 'house reef' for this hotel?

We have a boat/unlimited shore pack + vehicle

Thank you ! Jo Mills (UK)

Overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and "VINIBU" on Bonaire

HV is a wonderful place to stay and we've had some wonderful meals there. The last time I dove with GA (about 10 years ago) we had a great time, they were professional & competent. I'm sure the same remains true today.

Unfortunately, the nice sand beach of HV equates (IMHO) into lousy snorkeling & diving directly in front of HV. However there a great dive site called "Something Special" which is accessible if you traverse the inlet/entrance to marina underwater heading south. It's only about a 10 min swim at most & in 30-50 feet or so of water it's doable.

SS is a great dive site which we dive often, sometimes several times on a trip. Of course the only problem in accessing from HV is crossing the inlet which must be done underwater.
    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

Dreemer
    I see that you mention you have a boat. Unless things have changed I believe that you can not dive from your own or a rented boat. You can only dive from dive operator boats.
    Mickey McCarthy

Ooops - think you have mis-understood - we do not have a boat, we have a boat/shore diving pack with HV + vehicle .... !
    Thanks!

Overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and "VINIBU" on Bonaire

Quote Originally Posted by mickndot View Post
    Dreemer
    Unless things have changed I believe that you can not dive from your own boat. You can only dive from dive operator boats.
    Mickey McCarthy
    Mickey..I may be wrong but...I have no knowledge of that. If you OWN a boat there are no laws which disallow you from diving on it.
    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

You can also dive the Our Confidence, she sits right off the beach. Here she is in 2003.

Not so nice in 2010.
    and Joe said, Far from the things of Man.

Oooo heck - looks like she has deteriorated a bit ...... might be some good critters around even tho she looks a bit 'tired' ?? !!