Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snorkeling Guides

Default Snorkeling Guides

What are people's favorite snorkeling guides? I've seen a few mentioned on the favorite sites thread, but there's no indication of certain ones being better than others.
    Heading down for a snorkeling trip in a few weeks and want to be sure to have the best information.
    Thanks to all.

Rouffy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Bsdme

Julia,

The best one you will find is Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy. It is a fantastic guide for snorkelers and divers alike. Great descriptions as to what you can see at each site as well as ease of entry and where to enter/exit.

Have a wonderful trip!
    BarbieRuth, Ken's forever love ♥♥♥

Overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and "VINIBU" on Bonaire

Be sure to book a trip with De and Ulf on The Woodwind. They do a great job taking you over to Klein, and then serve you a nice lunch. See below link.

http://www.woodwindbonaire.com/
    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

Default snorkel guides

I used Bonaire Shore Diving Made easy on prior trips. I think it is a fine guide, but for our upcoming trip I have downloaded from www.tropicalsnorkeling.com the Bonaire Snorkeling Guide. It has more specific info for snorkelers and seems quite up to date. I think the photos are useful, also.

The book Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy is a must have- even for just snorkeling
    http://www.infobonaire.com/bsdme/

Renee is a wonderful snorkeling guide http://www.infobonaire.com/reneesnorkeltrips/

Dee and Ulf on Woodwind are AMAZING

Renee snorkel tours is equally AMAZING

And Dee Scar is also AMAZING
    Bamba, EOHHoOps

Hi there,

Besides the guides that are allready mentionend, I used the Lonely Planet Diving & Snorkeling Bonaire guide. This gives you a good insight of type of fish and corals you may come upon while snorkeling. Also the diving sites often are a goo dplace to go snorkeling.

Once on the island, I would definatley start my stay with a trip with the kind people of Woodwind. Just look them up on Facebook for some really good impressions (pictures taken by Zsuzsanna, one of the crew members.

Enjoy!

Default Good snorkeling

We have been here for 5 days and have used the Bonaire snorkelling guide. Been many places but have found the best place on the island to be right here from the Divi to the Plaza. We stay at the Divi, swim off the dock to the south to the Plaza. Quite a ways but beautiful out over the reef. We have seen a turtle and three spotted rays gliding around. Lots of large Amberjack and of course any other fish you want to see and some you don't (lionfish). The other spots we have gone were nice, but this route has been the best and have seen more of everything. Have fun.

Might get a copy of the 'made easy' book; have the Lonely Planet one, but don't rate it particularly..........

Hi Ladonna.

Did you book your snorkel when you got there or did you do it ahead of time?

Thanks
    Alysa