Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Spots?

Wen Pederson is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Favorite Spots?

Will some of you long time snorkelers on the island share your favorite spots - especially those with easy access? We're coming back after a 12 year lapse and suspect our former favorite sites have changed. Are there any of the resorts that will let you use their dock/ladder? Thanks!

Overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and "VINIBU" on Bonaire

Wink

Wen Two real EZ spots for snorkeling are:
    1. Donkey Beach (located by yellow hut about 100 yards south of Port Bonaire)
    2. Something Special Dive site. Right in front of the Blue Water residence (abut 100 yards south of Harbour Village)..Enjoy...
    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

Default Must have THE book

Torri's Reef is my favorite snorkeling spot.
    However check out book titled Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy
    http://www.infobonaire.com/bsdme/
    for very detailed information on every dive site and snorkeling sites.

Thanks, Vince. Would've stayed at Vinibu but you were booked (good for you...bad for us) Maybe next time!

Thanks, Melissa. Won't get to me in time before we leave. Tori's Reef is on our short list, however!

Overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire and "VINIBU" on Bonaire

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wen Pederson View Post
    Thanks, Vince. Would've stayed at Vinibu but you were booked (good for you...bad for us) Maybe next time!
    Hmmm.. Sorry to hear that Wen..When you're down check out Bellevue and take a walk around the back gate if there's someone around to let you access the seaside deck. Perhaps next trip. It does pays to book early. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll have a great time on Bonaire and enjoy la dolce vita!
    "Life is good, And on Bonaire, It's even better!"

Owner of VINIBU

You can download what I think is a very helpful snorkeling e-book on Bonaire here: http://store.tropicalsnorkeling.com/...ing-guide.html. It's current and provides some information that is different from BSDME. It also has some general information on Bonaire that might be helpful for someone who hasn't been there in many years (or who is going for the first time, like me).

Default I vote also for the snorkel guide

Before our first trip to Bonaire last November I bought and downloaded the e-book referenced in the previous post. It was well worth it, partly because it dealt with snorkeling only. You're allowed to download it to more than one computer, so I put it on our mini that we travel with. I didn't have to print anything out.

Patsy

Patsy, we did the same thing last year and really found it useful. My only objection to the ebook was that the authors don't recommend sites unless they have good coral and I'm also happy with sites that just have lots of good fish. But their directions were great, with lots of details and pictures.

Wen, the easiest entries we found were from the dock at Plaza, the dock at the Divi, and Bari reef from the beach just south of Sand Dollar (access from the dirt road off of the old roundabout). Yellow Submarine in town is an easy entry but has too much boat traffic for me to be comfortable.
    Have fun! We are not jealous, we are not jealous...

Rouffy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Smile Go to the park

We love to spend our last full day when we can't dive, up in Washington Slagbaai National Park and snorkel Wayaka II. You do have to go down a set of somewhat tricky steps to get down to the beach area, but it is well worth it. We set our towels and food (we stop at Eli's Deli and get sandwiches, put them in plastic and on ice in our bags) in the "cave" area so it is out of the sun and hop in the water. There is so much to see there. Huge midnight parrot fish, angels, flamingo tongues on the corals, etc... Last August we swam with 2 green juvenile turtles for about 20 minutes.

You will also probably enjoy 1000 Steps area for snorkeling. Every dive site that is accesible by beach has great snorkeling, but these two are on the top of our list.

Enjoy your trip!!!
    BarbieRuth, Ken's forever love ♥♥♥