PDA

View Full Version : 2018 trends in home prices

MuskokaOne
02-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Hello

I am beginning my research for a home purchase on Bonaire. I was wondering if there was any information available for home price trends on the island. Is a buyers market or a sellers market at the moment.

Thanks so much for any insight.
Andre

Kate B
02-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Hello

I am beginning my research for a home purchase on Bonaire. I was wondering if there was any information available for home price trends on the island. Is a buyers market or a sellers market at the moment.

Andre

Hi Andre,

Due to the hurricanes this summer that devastated other islands, increased cruise ship travel, and reality TV shows featuring the island, Bonaire has been discovered by a lot more people.

I can only speak for my personal experience, but I'm seeing homes sell faster now and there are sometimes multiple buyers interested in a property, especially in the under $250,000 range. As an example, the last four properties I listed for sale all were under contract within 7 to 32 days.

I'll be interested to hear the experience of others looking on the island and what their perception is.

Best of luck in your search!
All the best,
Kate

MuskokaOne
02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Kate

That is very helpful - thank you.

Can you send me your contact details?
Andre

Kate B
02-22-2018, 08:46 AM
Kate

That is very helpful - thank you.

Can you send me your contact details?
Andre

Hi Andre,
It appears you don't have the "receive email" permission enabled, so I can't respond to you directly. However, you can click on my name and send me an email.
All the best,
Kate

Olga
03-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Hello

Andre

Hi, Andre, my opinion is that the market is growing. Within the last years i see new building spots are moving inside the island off the coast. And a number of this spots grows. While i was searching the objects for myself (to live and for investment as well) i've found that not so many houses left at waterfront and as a result the price for such objects rises permanent.

I can also say that i know a number of real estate agents are moving to Bonaire from Aruba/Curacao after that island got "independence" because they see the perspectives and opportunities on Bonaire. I feel its European orientation is the reason.

My personal conclusions is that market status you're request here depends on the segment you're interested in. I do property investments all over the world and as everywhere the devil is in the details. I'm sure the segment of luxory houses more 1M+ is heavy as everywhere and defenitely belongs to byuers. Opposite to that the segment of properties with the price less then 300 000 is for sellers. This is only my personal IMHO. I'm not the real estate agent or market involved person. Just curious from time to time, what happening on the market.