PDA

View Full Version : Energy Bills - starting a new/2017 thread

FlaParrotHead
07-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Ok - yep, we are a couple typical Americans hopefully preparing for a permanent move to the island and the people we love and while we know electricity is expensesive and we will talk with Q-Solar or others about panels, we also know that we are likely to use electricity like Americans, at least for a while. We are planning for a 3br home with room ACs where 2 of the three will likely be used often (bedroom and craft room/office) and likely have one in the family area (just for occasional use). If necessary, we'll replace the existing units with more efficient ones. We are from Florida so used to the heat, but also used to inside comfort, lots of ice (maker), cold beverages, etc... I'm really trying to budget things as best as I can so I thought I'd start up a new thread to get ideas, thoughts, and suggestions.

Looking forward to hopefully soon calling you all neighbors.

Bob T
07-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Hi FlaParrotHead. Hey, I have another idea for generating electricity. When I was in Europe last year I seen wind turbines with solar panels attached to the blades., It would be great to generate 2 times the electricity during the daytime and since Bonaire is s sunny island too. Take a look at this website and see this idea. Take Care.... Bob https://energy.gov/energysaver/hybrid-wind-and-solar-electric-systems

bonairehomes
07-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Hi Parrot -

My wife and i live alone in a 3 bedroom/2 bath house in Belnem, no pool. We have refrig, electric dryer, and run A/C only in the bedroom every night. Our electric bills vary between $150 and $200 per month, if you use more A/C the cost of course goes up. Water, including garbage pick up is between $30 and $50. Alarm monitoring is $50 per month. High speed internet plus basic TV package is $115.

See you soon!

FlaParrotHead
07-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Hi Parrot -

My wife and i live alone in a 3 bedroom/2 bath house in Belnem, no pool. We have refrig, electric dryer, and run A/C only in the bedroom every night. Our electric bills vary between $150 and $200 per month, if you use more A/C the cost of course goes up. Water, including garbage pick up is between $30 and $50. Alarm monitoring is $50 per month. High speed internet plus basic TV package is $115.

See you soon!

Excellent information -- being retired, we may run at least one aircon a bit more than every evening (home office/craft room) but that's certainly a workable number. I'm suspecting that it may take us a year or so to "live island style" and bring down our usage. So do you enjoy he Belmen area! Are you on the water or back a few blocks off the Blvd? Thanks.

bonairehomes
07-11-2017, 09:36 AM
FlaParrot -

I like living in Belnem. We live on Kaya Saturnus, about 300 meters from Bachelor Beach.