PDA

View Full Version : How to read your monthly WEB Bills for water and electric

bonairehomes
11-12-2016, 10:11 AM
THe two attachments explain how to read you monthly water and electrical bills

tholland
11-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Thanks for that very helpful Explanation Bob!
Anthony Holland

TheAlek
11-16-2016, 02:39 PM
On a side-question, how much does everybody pay?

My last two electric invoices has been for around $250 each time. It seems high to me. I have a 2 bedroom apartment with the AC on in the bedrooms only during the night.

bonairehomes
11-16-2016, 03:32 PM
$250 for two aircos at night seems about right, Don't forget you also have a refrigerator, hot water heater, and maybe washer and/or dryer, all of which use electricity.

Electric costs are $0.31 per kilowatt hour.

If you want to save on the electric costs try not to use th A/C at night, use fans instead. You can also try running the A/C at 24 or 25 degrees C instead of at 19 or 20. that will save you money. You can also shut off the A/C during the day, and only turn it on when you go to bed. Most A/C units will cool even a hot bedroom to a comfortable temperature in less than 5 minutes.

tholland
11-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Wonder if anybody is using solar cells now to power their house/apartment? I think Solar was approved for use on Bonaire recently.
Anthony

$250 for two aircos at night seems about right, Don't forget you also have a refrigerator, hot water heater, and maybe washer and/or dryer, all of which use electricity.

Electric costs are $0.31 per kilowatt hour.

If you want to save on the electric costs try not to use th A/C at night, use fans instead. You can also try running the A/C at 24 or 25 degrees C instead of at 19 or 20. that will save you money. You can also shut off the A/C during the day, and only turn it on when you go to bed. Most A/C units will cool even a hot bedroom to a comfortable temperature in less than 5 minutes.

Bob T
11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Good Mornin Everybody. We were in Europe a couple of months ago and seen something new for wind turbines. It was turbines with photovoltaic cells on the blades. It seems Scientists from the University of Liverpool have upgraded an everyday wind turbine with innovative set of spinning solar blades. Check it out because it could generate twice as much power with the cells attached on them.

tholland
12-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Here's a cool article about that wind power turbine with solar cells on it:
http://inhabitat.com/scientists-develop-solar-powered-wind-turbine/