PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone from the US moved to Bonaire since the rules changed in 2015?

TanyaD
09-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Has anyone from the US moved to Bonaire since the rules changed in 2015? I would love to talk to you as I'm digging my way through attempting to get answers :)

kob
09-13-2016, 08:07 PM
The basic differences are that Americans are now treated like Dutch ... you no longer need to renew every year for the first 5 years, you can do 5 years right from the get go ... I believe that Americans also don't need work permits any more. Paperwork requirements haven't changed.

bonairehomes
09-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Tanya -

Here is the page to get started: www.rijksdienstcn.com/en/immigration-and-naturalization-service/entry-requirements-for-american-citizens

The application form that is used for US citizens to apply for residency is here. On the last page there is a list of the required documents you need to provide with the application.

It can make things easier for you to use a local person to help you with the forms and documentation. The person that i suggest is Agnes Joosten (+599-796-1715 and agnes2101@hotmail.com) who has helped a number of my clients go through the residency process. Here fee is reasonable and well worth it. She helps things go smoothly and will make sure you have all of the correct documents with you before your apply. Think of it as cheap insurance.

kob
09-16-2016, 01:06 PM
I agree with Bob ... we worked with Agnes and things went relatively smoothly, even under the "old" laws.

DSearle
09-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Tanya,
The process, as Kevin indicated, is much simpler than it used to be. If you contact me through www.bonairehelpdesk.com (or you can call me at 615-649-4452) I'd be glad to send you the form you need and describe the whole process. We also recommend Agnes.
Doug Searle
bonairehelpdesk.com

TanyaD
09-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Is there a different number for her? It didn't connect. I did send an email though. Hopefully I hear back soon :)