PDA

View Full Version : Fox Car Rental

1bajapilot
07-19-2016, 09:04 AM
We just booked our 9th trip back to bonaire for the last 8 days in April 2017.
We've used a few different vehicle rental companies over the years and never had much of a problem that I recall.
Considering trying Fox Rental this next visit and asking if anyone can offer pros and/or cons...will be much appreciated.

Bob T
07-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Good Morning... We have used the rental place at the Divi Flamingo over the years and had no problem at all. Have a great time on Bonaire!

antennariidae
07-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Fox is the same company as AB. They are located "off airport" over by Warehouse. I used them last time (May) and it was fine. They picked us up, along with others on our flight, and drove us the three or four minutes over to their location. I paid online in advance and got the full insurance so it was just a matter of showing my drivers license and getting the keys. The truck was a Chinese "Wingle" and was in decent shape. On return we dropped it off and they gave us a lift back to the airport.

antennariidae
07-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Fox is the same company as AB. They are located "off airport" over by Warehouse. I used them last time (May) and it was fine. They picked us up, along with others on our flight, and drove us the three or four minutes over to their location. I paid online in advance and got the full insurance so it was just a matter of showing my drivers license and getting the keys. The truck was a Chinese "Wingle" and was in decent shape. On return we dropped it off and they gave us a lift back to the airport.

To my earlier post, I would add that they offered to lowest price I could find (slightly), but did require payment in full on line at time of booking. Check their refund policy to ensure you understand their terms. I'd also add that we had flight troubles that required us to try to shift our entire trip one day later (arriving and leaving). I emailed Fox once we had the flights rebooked and they were able to change our reservation to match -- so props to them for that. However, they did say that if our trip had ended up being shortened due to the airline problem, they would not be able to refund any unused portion of the truck rental fee. But we did not have to cross that bridge. So, we had a very positive experience booking online through Fox.

1bajapilot
07-20-2016, 08:49 AM
To my earlier post, I would add that they offered to lowest price I could find (slightly), but did require payment in full on line at time of booking. Check their refund policy to ensure you understand their terms. I'd also add that we had flight troubles that required us to try to shift our entire trip one day later (arriving and leaving). I emailed Fox once we had the flights rebooked and they were able to change our reservation to match -- so props to them for that. However, they did say that if our trip had ended up being shortened due to the airline problem, they would not be able to refund any unused portion of the truck rental fee. But we did not have to cross that bridge. So, we had a very positive experience booking online through Fox.

Thank you! Both of your replies are the kind of info I'm looking for. As stated, we've used other companies with no troubles, I'm just leaning towards trying Fox and this makes me lean a little more.