PDA

View Full Version : Scrap metal

AlexK
01-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Hi all, do any of you know if there's still someone buying scrap metal on the island? I have a large quantity of aluminum sheeting (from an old shipping container) and I'm wondering whether to get rid of it or repurpose it. Thanks!

petri hausmann
01-13-2016, 08:25 AM
contact Selibon

bonairehomes
01-13-2016, 09:59 AM
You can take it to be recycled at the Selibon location on Kaya Industria, just west of Warehouse Supermarket. They have recycling bins there for glass, paper, plastic, aluminum, and other metal.

AlexK
01-14-2016, 01:39 PM
You can take it to be recycled at the Selibon location on Kaya Industria, just west of Warehouse Supermarket. They have recycling bins there for glass, paper, plastic, aluminum, and other metal.
Thanks, I'm familiar with Selibon's recycling facility but I was actually interested to know if anyone still buys scrap metal on the island. I know there used to be a guy who bought it and exported it to Miami but I haven't been able to track down any current info about it.

AlexK
01-14-2016, 01:40 PM
contact Selibon
Thanks Petri, I did a few weeks ago but they just suggested I recycle it. If there's no value in it I'll just repurpose it for another project.