PDA

View Full Version : Total truck rental

jujubees
10-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Hello,
We always rented from poppy, and has always been a pleasure doing business with her at Telerin, easy arrival of truck at airport( sign and go), and drop off ( leave truck in parking lot at airport). I am looking at another option in case she is booked. Has anyone rented from total before? How are their trucks and how does their pickup and drop off work?
Thanks,
juju

antennariidae
10-06-2014, 11:14 AM
We've rented from Total several times (maybe 5 or 6), mostly because the place we usually stay offers a discount at Total. In general, it has been a positive experience. We've had two instances in the past where we had trouble. One where the emergency brake stuck on (luckily while we were at the apartment and not someplace diving, and another when some electrical problem kept it from starting). Those were on their old Nissan trucks, which seem to mostly have been switched out for newer Chinese versions. In each of those cases, we called and they sent out another vehicle. Only other thing I'd say is be ready to wait while getting the truck. Usually takes at least 30 minutes to get through the line at the Total counter after we get our luggage. If you have the luxury of having someone go get the truck while someone else waits for luggage, that's a good plan.

swaterhouse
10-06-2014, 04:43 PM
We use them and they are fine, only issue we have ever had was one truck didn't have a seat belt, and one we got a flat. The worst part of the flat was it happened on Good Friday and the tire place was closed until Tuesday but we were leaving on Sunday!

I will second the hardest part being the wait. I take all the carryon's as soon as I get through immigration and head across the parking lot to get the car, my wife gets the checked luggage and meets me.

Its a little stressful leaving her behind customs but it saves a ton of time.

Lori
11-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Have rented from Total several times as they are the rental agency used by our accommodations package. Never had any issues.