PDA

View Full Version : Telerin/Amex

DWJ
04-04-2014, 07:39 AM
FYI - Want to clarify regarding a previous thread stating that Poppy no longer accepts AMEX. This IS NOT TRUE. Have a reservation with her for the month of July so I sent her an email to confirm whether she will accept AMEX. She responded "YES-YES-YES I still accept AMEX". No worries for those of us who use Telerin with AMEX !!!!

diver dave1
04-04-2014, 06:17 PM
She accepts the card. Ask her if she accepts dealing with Amex insurance or if she leaves that to you and bills you for damages if you decline her CDW.

ModFreddie
04-05-2014, 04:11 AM
quote again from Poppy

"When you decline the insurance you are responsible for all (FULL) damage
done to all involved. Damage will be charged and you need to claim with your insurance."

I take it that she does not deal with the insurance herself but you must pay for the FULL damage before you leave the island !!! then you take it up with your AMEX insurance...

Sparty
04-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I cannot say with certainty what Poppy's current policies are but we have rented from her for about 5 years using AMEX and have a reservation for next year as well.

In March of 2013 when someone tried to steal our rental truck they did about 900 dollars in damage to the steering column. However, they were not able to start the truck. I contacted AMEX and their procedure is to deal directly with the rental agency. However, due to the long mailing cycle to Bonaire and the U.S., I obtained as much documentation as I could and mailed it to AMEX when I returned to the U.S. to speed up the process. (The attempted theft was just a day or two before we were returning home.) At that time, I did not have to pay anything in advance for the repairs. Maybe Poppy has changed this policy since then or maybe it was because she was on vacation and I dealt with one of her employees at the time of the damage.

Upon returning to the U.S. I called AMEX weekly to monitor the claim and speed up the process as much as possible. During this period both AMEX and Poppy were very cooperative and, although at one time it seemed that the claim adjuster was not aware they had some of the documents they were waiting for, the claim was settled in about 3 weeks with full payment to Poppy.

I would suggest that, if you use AMEX and do have a claim, that you stay involved with the process. Satisfactory results will encourage the rental agencies to continue to accept AMEX in the future.

Gwen Kessell
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Is Poppy still around? I emailed twice and no answer.

traveljennie
04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Is Poppy still around? I emailed twice and no answer.

I would like to know as well. I emailed her at both email addresses that I have for her about reserving a truck for June and no answer. I'm about ready to reserve with AB and be done with it.

grunt
04-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Poppy has had a death in the family and is not on Bonaire and unable for now to answer emails.

kob
04-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I know she's still in business and accepting Amex ... she confirmed a rental car for my wife for the week of 4/26 - 5/3 using Amex (no CDW) just a week or so ago.

diver dave1
04-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Sparty,
This information is VERY helpful. Thanks for the entry.

dustcap
04-23-2014, 03:59 PM
I too have been trying for days to contact her. Today is April 23 and I emailed her two weeks ago
Dustcap

traveljennie
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I too have been trying for days to contact her. Today is April 23 and I emailed her two weeks ago
Dustcap

I had emailed her on 4/4 about renting a truck in June and didn't hear back from her until 4/15. By that time, we had already reserved with AB. Not sure what is going on there.

ModFreddie
04-24-2014, 04:57 AM
I believe that there is someone sick in her household.. she was off island and may be still off island..

snorkelslots
05-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Who would you recommend in the absence of Telerin? I have used Poppy for so long I am out of the loop! I am getting a return of the emails sent to her email addresses, so I guess no one is taking care of the rental company while she is off the island.

DWJ
05-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Does she have anyone taking care of her current reservations? Anyone rented a vehicle from her recently?

1bajapilot
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM
snorkelslots...for what it's worth, we just returned from Bonaire from our 8th visit. We communicated directly with the on-island manager of Hertz via email prior to the trip and used them for the first time. We were extremely happy with price, the service and vehicle.

snorkelslots
05-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the information. I will definately check them out.

kob
05-13-2014, 11:02 AM
My wife had no problems picking up a car from Poppy on April 26

jendiver
05-13-2014, 12:33 PM
We are picking up in a week and a half from Telerin. Loved them last time and glad not to begin/end our trip in rental lines. Have not had problems communicating or confirming through email with Poppy the last few days.

Tribs
05-17-2014, 09:00 AM
I just picked up a truck last night from her. She is amazing!!!!! I'm so glad I switched. And yes, she accepts all of the credit cards - even Discover which doesn't have those pesky little international fees.