PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Resort Accommodations

thedrakefamily
02-02-2014, 03:25 PM
A couple of years ago we stayed at the Plaza Resort - Bonaire and dove with Toucan Diving. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with this All-inclusive vacation experience. We are contemplating a return in July and were wondering if there has been any news regarding this establishment. Comments requested please.

stretch
02-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Just talked with a lady who is staying there yesterday. Her and her husband
love the all -inclusive . They are there for one week.
Only the tipsy seagull is open now . So only one choice of
a restaurant. She said they have a few snacks at the bar from 3-5 but
it isn't much. Donuts and egg salad sandwiches.

They said the food is very good at the tipsey seagull, the only problem they talked about was
that the restaurant is a smoking establishment. They asked for
a special table away from everyone and they did accommodate them.

Lots of people are there now so that is a good sign. I visit the beach
frequently to snorkel and that is still wonderful. They did replace the steps
that are at the south beach . Divers are still going out from there and it is
an easy entrance and exit .

mtcyclist
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
With so many really good restaurants on Bonaire with prices ranging from quite expensive to quite reasonable, an all-inclusive package is not something I would either recommend or that would interest me. When we go to Costa Rica we often get all-inclusive packages, but only when we're staying someplace where there are no other options for eating, like Las Caletas near Drake Bay where the only access to the lodge is by boat or by a very long trail carrying your luggage. Places like Will's Tropical Grill, It Rains Fishes, Rose Inn and At Sea are just to inviting to not visit.

thedrakefamily
02-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm a little curious as to whether at this point the All-inclusive designation at Plaza Resort - Bonaire actually includes all meals and drinks as originally advertised. If meals are only being served at the Tipsy Sea Gull I questioning the correctness of that All-inclusive designation. The last time we ate at the Tipsy Sea Gull it was a little expensive. Does anyone have the real skinny on this topic?

stretch
02-04-2014, 09:15 PM
It is all inclusive but if you want the more expensive meal at the Tipsy sea gull
you have to pay. So if you want the lobster or the a filet it is more. So not
a true all inclusive . It is unlimited drinks but not a lot of people taking
advantage of it that I can see. But I am only on the beach during the day
not there at night.