PDA

View Full Version : Non resident bank account - problems

staudi
12-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi @all,

today i have a question. A few months ago we bought a vacation home on bonaire, for paying all monthly costs it will be good to have a local bank account.
On our last stay in october we was at MCB, one requirement is a bank reference letter in english. But our german bank only gives us a reference letter in german. So this donīt work for us.
Than we was at RBC, there our german reference letter was no problem. We do all the paperwork, and they say after they contact our german bank we will get the account number and all needet things for online banking... But nothing happens. They didnīt contact our german bank (i asked at my bank a few times), i get no response on e-mails and at phone they only say "we have to contact your german bank"...

So did everyone know the way to open a bank account as non-resident with a german referece letter? We will be on Bonaire at february/march, but i fear if we go to a bank then we have the same problems like in october...

greetings staudi

Gmichael
12-29-2013, 08:40 AM
You can get a certified translation of the letter in English and it should be no issue with MCB. You can send me an email with your name, etc. and I will talk to my Account Manager and she will contact you..Michael tzdakah@hotmail.com