PDA

View Full Version : Overwintering

rldsx
12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight/knowledge about the wording change on the MBES03 form regarding the 'Certificate of Good Conduct' that added the word 'legalised' and an asterisk. The asterisk appears to reference the paragraph at the beginning of the Required Documents section that states: "Depending on the country, the deed must be legalised by the Dutch embassy in the country of origin or bear an apostille stamp." I guess I'm not sure about the ' Depending on the country' part...does it apply to USA Certificates and also the word 'deed' would lead me to believe that they are referring to property documents but I see the "legalised" phrasing in numerous places.

We did this last year and provided a Certificate of Good Conduct from our local police department with no apostille without a problem, however, I notice that the revision date of the MBES03 is later than the one we used last year.

I just sent an email to the RCN hoping to get an answer. I don't want to show up next month without all of the correct paperwork...it'll be a little late then!!

I would appreciate any information anyone may have!

Dick

Dee
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Hello,
You have to apply for good conduct on the island of Bonaire. They only accept applications on certain days and certain times. It takes up to 90 days for them to issue your letter of good conduct from Bonaire. You have to go to the government building to apply. Do it as soon as you can so you can get your renewal for your residency paperwork, they will not renew without it. I hope this is helpful.

rldsx
01-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I wanted to pass this along for anyone wanting to 'overwinter'...RCN just emailed me this reply regarding an apostille for the Certificate of Good Conduct requirement for anyone applying to 'overwinter':

"With reference to your question below: yes, for the Certificate of Good conduct an apostille is required"

{ My wife and I are from the US and are coming to Bonaire in January , planning to 'Overwinter' again this year. I have noticed on the new MBES03 list of required documents it is now asking for a 'legalised Certificate of Good Conduct' and I am not sure if that means an apostille is required for this or not. We overwintered last year and provided a certificate from our local police department without an apostille. }
Ironically, I had decided to go ahead and get the apostille anyway...just to be on the safe side...and I just got home from taking the ride to...first...the County Clerk to authenticate the Notary on the Good Conduct letter and then second....to the state department to get the apostille...and found this in my email, pretty much killed the day but, on the bright side, we'll be on Bonaire in just a few days. This has been a brutal winter so far and we can't wait to get to the warm weather!!

rldsx

Scubagirl70
09-11-2014, 06:33 PM
let me try again...

I am not sure if what I am planning to do is "overwintering" or not but I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback on the following:

I am planning to come to Bonaire from early december to early march. I am considering staying at Seaside apartments and would appreciate any feedback about the place. I REQUIRE high speed internet for my work and they have told me that the wireless at Seaside is 4 MB. can anyone confirm the accuracy of this and/or the reliability of the service. I would greatly appreciate the results of a speedtest if possible.

Scubagirl70
09-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Furthermore, they said I need to commit to over three months to get the "longterm rental rate" which is significantly lower than the three-months-or-less rate. They said I have to commit to at least three months and one week. Therefore, my plan is to pay for three months and one week, but still leave (as required) after three months. Sound good?
Thanks.