PDA

View Full Version : miami connection

ctang
10-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Is a hour and half sufficient time for connection in Miami on a Monday afternoon? Insel to USair.

DiverChris
10-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Good luck- Miami is a very busy airport. I'm assuming you are flying from Bonaire into Miami then onto your next flight. If that is the case you will need to clear US customs and then TSA. I wish you luck and hope you're connecting flight boarding area is very close.

if on the other hand you are flying from Miami to Bonaire 90 minutes will be fine.

ruth
10-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Absolutely not. Even if I were on the same airline I'd give myself 3 hours in Miami, minimum. You're talking about BON/MIA/.... You face: Insel taking off on time...ahem, then: Landing/getting plane to gate can be delayed; immigration may or may not be crowded, then luggage can be delayed (just had this happen to me because we landed in a downpour-couldn't off-load luggage for extra 1/2 hour), going thru customs you can face long lines, then re-checking your bag (drop-off/probably the easiest part of all of this). Then thru security to your next gate. You'd think an "off" day like a Monday would be easier, but sometimes they just have less workers everywhere, so timing issues the same.