PDA

View Full Version : Connection in Newark

AllCattitude
10-10-2013, 01:31 PM
OK!! Experienced Bonaire travelers :o I need your insight, please. United has changed my flight :mad: Is an hour enough time to make the connection headed to Bonaire? Do ya have to go through security after arriving in Newark? As it currently stands arrival in Newark at 10:59 pm to connect to the 11:59 PM flight to Bon.

Your insight, knowledge and personal experiences are TRULY appreciated!

:o Less than 80 days and a wake-up away to Ahhhhhhh Bonaire! :o

ModFreddie
10-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I always leave a couple of hours for Newark..... you should call the airline and find out if you have to go through security again I think you probably do NOT...... however on the way home is a different story... you will have to clear customs there so make sure your connecting flight gives you a while to recheck your bags....

DiverChris
10-10-2013, 09:09 PM
You will not have to clear security at Newark on the way to Bonaire but its a tight connection. I had 45 minutes once I made the flight but it was nerve racking. As mentioned earlier on the way back from Bonaire yes you will have to clear security.

Where are you flying from?

jendiver
10-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Let me know how it goes. I hope they don't do this to us. We are connecting to Newark on the way to Bonaire and Houston on the way back home. The options for us were 1 hr or 2-3 hrs for the layovers each way and I went with the 2-3 hrs to be safe.

kob
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
smart thing to do, jendiver ... you'll need all of that on the way back

jendiver
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM
We have almost 3 hours on the way back. I have never done customs in Houston, but if its like Miami, what a mess.

AllCattitude
10-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks EVERYONE!

Flying from DC to Newark, DiverChris.

Original flight purchase would have given me a 1 hour 50 minutes connection in Newark. Return flight from Bon through Newark, I have a 2 hour window.

Now to approach airlines to get me on earlier flight with no change fee!!! I donít want ANY chance of missing that flight to my 2 weeks of being on my favorite little island!

Truly appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

DiverChris
10-11-2013, 09:13 PM
I have found that the United red-eye flight will wait for connecting travellers. I also love my Nexus/ Trusted Traveller card for travelling in the US and for connecting flights.