PDA

View Full Version : Have DAE and Insel gotten any more reliable?

rpdemink
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Need to get to Bon and back from Cur in Feb 2014. I thought DAE might be a possibility or Insel, are they both flying fairly regular now?

tursiops
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
If you are only going CUR-BON and want reliability, I'd look at DiviDivi.

jimw
06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Need to get to Bon and back from Cur in Feb 2014. I thought DAE might be a possibility or Insel, are they both flying fairly regular now?

It's only 3 flights, but we used Insel nonstop from Miami to Bonaire and return via Curacao in April--they ran an hour late leaving MIA, and a little late leaving CUR. That said, my preferred airlines are AA nonstop Miami to Curacao, then DiviDivi Air to Bonaire. AA has 2 flights a day and Divi's last flight is at 5pm each day and no flights on Sundays----soooo, take the early AA to CUR which gets there about 2pm, then catch one of 2 DiviDivi Air flights before 5pm to Bonaire. If you email Divi, they will make a reservation for you and you can then hold it with a card, pay when you get to their counter. They fly small twin, 9 passenger, BN Islander aircraft. You might get to sit up with the pilot!! I would also try to travel to avoid the Sunday no flights, maybe go down on a Th or Fri and return Mon or Tues.......

smits
06-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Reading Curacao websites and blogs: DAE is not reliable.

Tom T
06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
I have flown Insel several times now from MIA to BON via CUR and back. Although their schedules sometimes shift a bit and their communications with passengers could be a bit better, they always got us to our connection (e.g., walking us from plane to plane and bypassing regular terminal, holding the connecting flight for us, etc.) Once someone realized that they had left their laptop in the seat pocket, and an Insel employee went back to the plane and brought it to the connecting flight before it departed. I'm flying Insel again in a week.
-Tom

Gwen Kessell
06-23-2013, 08:35 PM
We just flew from Orlando to Bonaire on DAE and it was a good experience. Going down is a bit cumbersome because it is Orlando to Curacao to Aruba to Bonaire, but they check you right through and luggage is not a hassle. Coming home was a snap, Bonaire to Curacao to Orlando. Coming back into the country in Orlando is 1,000 times better than coming into Miami.

tschamp
06-25-2013, 07:56 AM
I've had good luck with Insel in the past with a healthy free baggage allowance, only problem being the International Departure fee from Curacao isn't included, so save some $$$ for that.

Looks like DAE from Orlando flies just 3 days a week (Mon, Fri, Sun) whereas their Miami flights are daily. Being retired, I try to AVOID weekend international travel now.
Will look into both of these airlines for my next BON trip...