PDA

View Full Version : great price - good flight?

lorimich
06-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi,

I'm finding a great price on a flight but it does have 2 stops, first to BOG/columbia, then to Curacao, lastly to Bon. Anyone ever fly this route or make multiple stops? I found a direct flight for 34$ more, but it's that darn red eye.
Your thoughts?
~Lori

stretch
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM
What airline did you find that goes to BOG/columbia ? I would do the red eye flight rather than
make the 2 stops , unless you are going to be on Bonaire for longer than one week. Anytime you
make those stops on the small islands you can be in for delays.

smits
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Just imagine you get a delay on one of your stops and miss a day on Bonaire or arrive a day late at work.
I understand that you don’t like the red eye and want to save some money but would not want to run the risk.

croerig
06-03-2013, 09:55 AM
The best Redeye is Houston to BON - it leaves Friday night at midnight and you wake up in Bonaire at 6 am

lorimich
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Great point, Smits. I'll stay with my red eye! Good to know Croeig, but I wouldn't fly to Houston when I'm 2 hrs away form EWR and Newerk has a direct flight.
Lori

Just imagine you get a delay on one of your stops and miss a day on Bonaire or arrive a day late at work.
I understand that you donít like the red eye and want to save some money but would not want to run the risk.

AlbertA
06-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Also, you might lose the 34$ savings on departure taxes along the way...

ModFreddie
06-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Lori when are you going to Bon..

We normally go in January or February.. we live 2 hours from EWR and we DO fly to Houston and then to Bonaire..... Newark is known for it's weather delays.. we take an early flight to Houston and have a nice leisurely dinner and couple of cocktails, a nice walk around the airport and before you know it, it is time to board :)

lorimich
06-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Another great point, but we're going the last 2 weeks of March. Would totally agree if we went in Jan/Feb!
Lori

Lori when are you going to Bon..

We normally go in January or February.. we live 2 hours from EWR and we DO fly to Houston and then to Bonaire..... Newark is known for it's weather delays.. we take an early flight to Houston and have a nice leisurely dinner and couple of cocktails, a nice walk around the airport and before you know it, it is time to board :)

fraserfraser
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Have flown newark to bonaire leg 4 times. batting .500 so far. The houston run maybe longer but I am very close to giving that a try before I bag United for good. will be flying this leg again in July. Hoping for a better outcome. Did it in March and that did work. Summer time has been more miss than hit. Maybe its a seasonal problem.
Good Luck Lori. Will be going again this March too.

tkaelin
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Have flown the EWR red eye twice, once in April and once in July. I'll take nonstop when I can even if the flight times are not the greatest. May not be an issue for you but we have found it worth the money to pay for that friday night so we can all get in our room in the early morning to catch a couple hours of good sleep before the morning orientation. Gives us a full day on Sat. I have seen and heard from people who saved the extra money only to spend a miserable morning and early afternoon sitting around a lobby or pool and trying to pack and unpack and change in a public bathroom or changing room. For us money well spent.

grunt
06-18-2013, 06:57 PM
We do the Houston redeye and find paying extra for the Friday before arrival to be money well spent. A few hours of real sleep, NOT what I get on the plane, is invaluable to being able to dive safely.

ruth
06-18-2013, 09:50 PM
I have no idea where you're coming from, but Bogota is the capital of Colombia, over 600 miles away from Curacao. That's quite a detour--and every time you travel afterwards you'll have to answer the question of "Why were you in Bogota?" when immigration officers see the stamp in your passport. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogot%C3%A1