PDA

View Full Version : Airport based car rental for early morning arrival/departure

MikeP
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Can someone remind me which car rental companies are located directly at the airport?

We are arriving at 5:30 am and departing at 7:30 a.m and I would prefer not having to go off-site for pickup/return.

In the past we have used Poppy with excellent airport pickup/return service, but she doesn’t have any availability for our dates.

I've thought about taking a cab to our accommodations (are their cabs at the airport at 6:00 am?) and dealing with the car rental pickup later in the day, but was concerned that this strategy would present some extra hassles when we depart and have to return the vehicle.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

ModFreddie
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Budget I know is there...
there ARE taxi's at 5;30am.. good luck.

Amy Johnson
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Mike,

I have arrived several times on the Red Eye (5:30-ish in the morning), and rented from AB CarRental each time. It's never a problem with pickup and dropoff. They have a taxi driver waiting to take you to where the rental vehicles are. In no time you're on the road.

For returning the vehicle, just reverse the process. Take the vehicle to AB, they get you to the airport on time. Sometimes it's a taxi, but more often, they just pop you back in your rental and drive you to the airport, lickety-split.

Couldn't be easier!

Amy

kob
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Use Poppy at Telerin ... they will meet you right at the airport exit, paperwork completed and truck ready to go. At the end of your trip, you just drop the truck off in short-term parking, leave the keys in the ashtray and go. Easiest way to rent on the island.

MikeP
03-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks. I would be pleased to use Poppy again but she is sold out for the dates of our visit.

MikeP
03-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks

Gmichael
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Budget is at the airport and opens at 0 dark 30
Mail me info@chatnbrowse.com

Gmichael
03-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Of course some mornings a few donkeys are passing by