PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines to Continue Houston Service Through September 2013

wwguy
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Just read this new item on the Bonaire Insider web page (http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index.php/bonaireinsider/united_airlines_to_continue_houston_service_this_september/) and though it was appropriate to share here.

"United Airlines flight service to Bonaire has always been seasonal, which means that in months when demand is less, the flights can be adjusted to reflect the lower demand. However, this year, United will continue to provide service to Bonaire via Houston throughout the month of September, 2013.
Effective Sunday, March 31st, 2013, Unitedís reservation system should reflect the flights from Houston from August 27 through September 24, 2013. The flight schedule will be as follows:

Flight #1402 departs from Houston on Friday nights st 23:59, arriving Bonaire on Saturday morning at 5:54 AM, and
Flight #1401 Departs Bonaire on Saturday mornings at 7:30 AM, arriving Houston at 11:26 AM."

For comparison, in 2012 the Friday Houston service was on hiatus from August 31 to September 28.

Gocachn
05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Just booked our flights for September 20 to the 28th. Super low prices today, have been watching them for awhile and today the price dropped $120.00 a ticket. We paid $613 each from Las Vegas to Bonaire. Super excited, last year was our first trip there. It will be the first vacation spot we have ever revisited.

wwguy
05-14-2013, 09:25 PM
That's great news! But be careful, Bonaire can be addictive for certain personality types. Before you know it you'll be visiting more than once a year, trying new accommodations, and staying on island for multiple weeks.

My name is wwguy, and I'm a Bonaire-aholic.

kob
05-15-2013, 07:14 AM
The first step is acknowledgment, wwguy !!

Tom
05-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Wow $675 from Vancouver over that same week. If only it was in the cards. =[

mgh
05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
are they going to continue the service AFTER Sept. 2013? We're hoping to go in Feb. 2014 and this is the very itinerary we'd like to have. Any comments are appreciated.

wwguy
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM
are they going to continue the service AFTER Sept. 2013? We're hoping to go in Feb. 2014 and this is the very itinerary we'd like to have. Any comments are appreciated.

Yes. United normally suspends this route during the slowest period of demand, during September and October. The reason for this thread was to announce that service would be offered in September this year. Winter service during peak Caribbean travel season should be operating as normal. However I'll be surprised if the fares remain this low when demand increases.

Dee
05-17-2013, 09:50 PM
I applaud you WWguy for standing up and just "saying it",,, which makes this so much easier for me to say: I too am a Bonaire-aholic! Now that you have actually come clean I want to be apart of this too. I am proud to be a Bonaire-aholic and I do not want a cure, nor am I looking for one, however, as a new member of Bonaire-aholic I just want everyone of you to know I will do my best to stay focused on the task at hand ,,,,,,, Go Dive Bonaire!!
Oh,, my name is Dee and I am a Bonaire-aholic.