PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental at Divi Flamingo

Bob T
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
We're thinking of renting a car for 1 day and wondering if anyone has rental from the Divi Flamingo?

RosAnne
03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
I have but it's not Divi you rent from, there is a Hertz office on site which you would rent through. No issues, easy as pie. You may have to wait and I would check into it early, sometimes they do not have cars readily available, often it just means a quick trip to the airport to pick up a car as long as they are not sold out.

Bob T
03-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks RosAnne!

jujubees
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello,
We rented from them last year. We reserved it on hertz.com in the states, then called their 1-800 # to confirm. We also contacted them directly via their website...just to make sure they had our reservation. I had every corner covered....just in case they mess up and give us an excuse. . We were staying at the Divi and once we were checked in, we visited their desk. Since we were using it the second week, we made sure they had it available without any issues.If they were out of cars, we made sure they got it from the airport...their problem, not ours. The process on our rental day, was longer than expected, they went over the car with a fine tooth comb.....before and after when we returned it. Plan to spend extra time doing that since they only have one person there and if you are pressed for time....you will get impatient. We always rent our dive truck from Poppy for the 1st week we shore dive and then get a cheap car for the second when we boat dive and do other activities. This year we are renting from poppy for 2 weeks since we are doing mostly shore diving. She has a great business and is always right on time at the airport at 4:30am. With the drop off, you just leave the car at the airport in short term parking.....super easy. I hope this information helps....Enjoy your trip.......