PDA

View Full Version : I still dream of living in Bonaire.

Warauno
03-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Itīs been a long since I visited Bonaire, but I still would like to live there but donīt know how to do it, I guess since Bonaire became a full part of Holland, the process for foreigners to get residence permit might be more complicated, am I right?

PD:Maybe most of bonaire talkers donīt remember me, my name is Warauno and I live in Venezuela, Iīm venezuelan..

ruth
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Try this site: http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/en?1curvers=engels&0Lang=E

Warauno
03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Try this site: http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/en?1curvers=engels&0Lang=E

Thank you :)

Warauno
03-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Anyway please if somebody knows about someone who is hiring foreigners for a non skilled job please let me know, I would really appreciate it...Iīm really sick of Venezuela, I have to say that I am not a chavista (Chávez supporter) at all, even heīs dead now, his people will continue to make life harder here and threaten venezuelan opposition, sorry for talking about politics, I know this is not a forum for that, but thatīs the reason why I want to leave Venezuela foerever...

ruth
03-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I understand your plight Warauno, but usually for a non-antillean to get a job on Bonaire, you must have a skill that a Bonairean doesn't. And then a company here must prove they tried to fill the job locally before you'd even be considered. Please take advantage of any education or job opportunities available to you for learning supervising/people/management skills, any specialty, etc.--this will improve your chances of finding employment here. It's already a great plus that you're bi-lingual.

Warauno
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I understand your plight Victor, but usually for a non-antillean to get a job on Bonaire, you must have a skill that a Bonairean doesn't. And then a company here must prove they tried to fill the job locally before you'd even be considered. Please take advantage of any education or job opportunities available to you for learning supervising/people/management skills, any specialty, etc.--this will improve your chances of finding employment here. It's already a great plus that you're bi-lingual.

Hi Ruth!...thank you so much for your help and suggestions, I appreciate it a lot...Wow it really seems very tricky all that process to get a residence permit in Bonaire, real complicated. I am currently studying citotechnology here but Iīm just getting started and sometimes I just feel like giving everything up due to all the problems this country have but unfortunately I will have to be either patient enough to finish my studies or just look out for another destiny...thatīs sad, I know such is life.

Thanks again Ruth!, hope youīre enjoying your life in beautiful Bonaire :)

AlbertA
03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi Ruth,

Do you mean to say that all those Peruvians in the building industry possess skills that people on Bonaire don't have?

ruth
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
No, but there's always the possibility that there are not always enough Bonaireans to do construction jobs. When we built KFC, the contractor was Bonairean, and his crew was a mix of Bonaireans and South Americans.

scubaliz
03-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Warauno - if you are Venezuelan, have you looked into employment at BOPEC?

Warauno
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Hi Liz!...thanks a lot, Iīll check it out :)

Victor,

Warauno
03-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Oh sorry!, didnīt understand good hehe!, no I havenīt looked at it, but I will

petri hausmann
04-02-2013, 09:50 AM
why not contact the Venezuelan Consulate on Bonaire? .. I am sure they can help you .

Warauno
04-02-2013, 10:45 PM
why not contact the Venezuelan Consulate on Bonaire? .. I am sure they can help you .

Hi Petri!, thanks for your suggestion, but Iīm not too sure they can help me, specially after me openly saying here not to be a Chávez supporter...Anyway I appreciate your help :)

wwguy
04-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Hi Petri!, thanks for your suggestion, but Iīm not too sure they can help me, specially after me openly saying here not to be a Chávez supporter...Anyway I appreciate your help :)

1. Do you really think the Venezuelan Consulate in Bonaire reads this forum?

2. If so, how will they know you are the infamous Warauno when they meet you? More than 29 million people live in Venezuela. Many are glad Chavez is dead, and many would like to find work outside of the country.

Warauno
04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
1. Do you really think the Venezuelan Consulate in Bonaire reads this forum?

2. If so, how will they know you are the infamous Warauno when they meet you? More than 29 million people live in Venezuela. Many are glad Chavez is dead, and many would like to find work outside of the country.

Hahaha!, well I have to say that probably you are right, maybe Iīm just a little bit paranoid, also I didnīt realize this new forum donīt show my real name, the old one did :)...so itīs a good idea, Iīm gonna give it a try and will call the Consulate, maybe they have any idea, or even better, any vacancy :)

Thank you buddy!

ModFreddie
04-04-2013, 05:46 AM
and I just took your name off a couple of posts and in your profile.....

Warauno
04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Hi ModFreddie!...well thank you!, I just realized about that after reading your post :)