PDA

View Full Version : Sabadeco/Crown Shores

traveljennie
03-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Sabadeco area/Crown Shores development? Found a villa that we would like to rent with friends for next year. I kind of have an idea where the development is based on its proximity to certain dive sites. Any causes for concern in this area?

randl
03-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Cause for concern? None. It's a beautiful area in an upscale neighborhood.

wwguy
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Sabadeco certainly is a beautiful upscale neighborhood, but it's not immune from crime.

Here's a BT thread where a vacationing family was burglarized twice in the same week while staying in Sabadeco: http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?72179-Recent-Break-ins-Police-Report-Filed

We love Bonaire and visit regularly, but we have definitely noticed an increase in crime in recent years. For that reason we now prefer to stay at properties with as many security features as possible. Locked gates, resident hosts, reinforced doors & windows, 2nd floor accommodations, and security personnel patrolling are all features worth considering and/or inquiring about prior to your stay. Rooms safes are only as effective as the attachment to the wall or floor.

traveljennie
03-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Thank you for your responses. I know crime can happen anywhere at anytime. The house that we are looking to rent is gated with an electric gate at the entrance. It looks to be surrounded by trees and high bushes and appears to be well lighted outside at night, acoording to pictures. We stayed at the Sand Dollar for our previous visit and didn't have any issues or feel unsafe. Just wanted to make sure the area was decent since we would be renting a private house instead of staying in a resort-like area.

randl
03-06-2013, 10:19 PM
We rented in Crown Court in Sabadeco for five or six years without incident and love the area. If you're looking for a private villa, the area is as good as it gets.

randl

traveljennie
03-07-2013, 06:49 AM
We rented in Crown Court in Sabadeco for five or six years without incident and love the area. If you're looking for a private villa, the area is as good as it gets.

randl

That's what I like to hear (read, ha) :) Thank you!

Julia
03-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Just be cautious about proximity to the shore. Some of the villas at Crown Shore look as though they are on the beach but are actually a staircase down to the besch and then a walk over the beach. We stayed at Crown Courts for a few years and loved it but were caught out with Crown Shores.

traveljennie
03-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Just be cautious about proximity to the shore. Some of the villas at Crown Shore look as though they are on the beach but are actually a staircase down to the besch and then a walk over the beach. We stayed at Crown Courts for a few years and loved it but were caught out with Crown Shores.

The villa we're looking at advertises as being a few blocks from the Andrea I and II dive sites. We're fine with it not being directly on the water.

michaeto
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
We have stayed in Crown Shores and Crown Court for the last several years without incident. In the evenings you will often see a private security gaurd walking the streets but otherwise it is a ghost town, at least in July /August when we go.

traveljennie
03-10-2013, 11:23 PM
We have stayed in Crown Shores and Crown Court for the last several years without incident. In the evenings you will often see a private security gaurd walking the streets but otherwise it is a ghost town, at least in July /August when we go.

May I ask which house that you rented in Crown Shores? We're staying at Crown Shores 50. Glad to hear there is a security guard on duty. Makes me feel even better about our choice. Thank you.

michaeto
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
5 years ago we stayed at Shores 11. It wasn't anything special and it isn't available for rent any longer. I believe it was sold and is in the process of being renovated and expanded.

trish
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
We stayed in Crown Ridge 14 this past December. It was a beautiful place, had an alarm system, & we never had any problems. We've also rented homes in Crown Courts & never had an issue. I think most of the homes in the area have alarms. Crown Courts 38 is BEAUTIFUL!

Bethy
04-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi,

We were the family that was burgalized twice in 2012 in Sabadeco, Crown Court. At the time the house we were staying in did not have an alarm system. The owners (who are so nice) had an alarm system installed within a week after the second break-in. They have not had an issue since installing the alarm system. We rented the same house for a month this past February and we felt very safe. We did not have any issues.

I love Sabadeco, but I agree with the some of the other posters. I would not stay in a villa that did not have an alarm system. I always felt the house we were staying in was very secure. It is not on the ground-level and has locked gates etc. but they still managed to scale the wall and break in with a bar. Sojust make sure there is an alarm system.

We still make sure to hide our lap tops, cameras and passports etc. We also try not to bring too many valuables. We will be staying in the same house in February 2014!

Cornhusker
04-24-2013, 07:15 PM
We have stayed multiple times in Sabadeco area and have never had a problem and feel quite safe---again common sense is a must where ever one stays or rents. Area we rent has year around owners across the street and next door, so nice to know someone is there and not all rentals. We look at 2-3 new properties again this year and problem is owners normally come down for 2-3 months and they are filled. If you give us a property name/address and rental company we can look and see if we walk the place and give you some feedback on what we found.Cornhusker

bonairemerrill
04-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi - We are the owners of Sabadeco Shores 50 (mentioned by traveljennie) there is an alarm as well as the fenced in, electronic gated property. I personally have not seen private security guards walking around at night, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. We love Sabadeco, which is why we purchased there, and feel very safe as well.