PDA

View Full Version : Island Car Rental Not Recommended

ReneeR
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I have never written a bad review on anything Bonaire, but this time I cannot let this company take advantage of another visitor. We rented a supposedly new condition, 2011 Automatic pickup truck in December 2012. We were charged $923.00 for this pickup and their website price for two weeks shows approximately $824.00. When we got home and realized we were overcharged we repeatedly emailed them for an answer and they kept promising to get back to us. Many excuses were given, busy season etc, but still no answer from them in 2 1/2 months.

Also, we were very unhappy with the quality of this pickup truck. The door hinges were so rusted out they would not stay propped open, the tail gate was all bent up and rusted, the front end had a loud noise every bump like it needed new bearings or shocks. The passenger rear view mirror was not secured, the drivers door panel inside was falling off the door, the glove box was bent. It was represented by the website that this was a 2011 pickup and that was not true because in the glovebox was a document stating the insurance policy was for a 2010.

This was the most expensive pickup truck rental on the island because of the automatic transmission. It was a real junker. We know that vehicles deteriorate quickly in the Bonaire seaside climate, but the dishonesty from this company about the price, the condition, and the year of the vehicle were not acceptable.

ModFreddie
03-04-2013, 02:29 PM
did you get the CDL insurance that is approx.. 8$ US ( plus tax)a day??? that might be the difference in the price... I understand why you are unhappy with this company but why did you accept the car in the first place... or why didn't you take it back when you realized what a clunker it was? We have turned down trucks that were TOO new.. with no scratches.. not for us.. we don't want to be the ones to pay for the scratches ... FYI.. you can find the year of the car on the taillights. it may have been older..
If I were you I would talk to my CC company about this.. and try to get some money back..

ReneeR
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
We accepted the car because we were tired that morning when we picked it up. Then, later that same day we took it back to show them the parts that were falling apart on it (like the side mirror that was hanging off on a wire) (and the inside of the driver's door that fell off in your hand each time you opened the door. The person in charge made it sound like the defects were normal for the island and he said this was a 2011 pickup, which was really untrue due to seeing in the glove box later that is was a 2010. Being on vacation, we decided just to keep the pickup since there are no automatic transmission pickups elsewhere, and we didn't want to dwell on negatives while on our trip. Then, the last straw was after we returned home and saw the price was cheaper on their website than what we paid. And we did have the insurance included in our figures. Lesson learned. We will not rent from them again.