PDA

View Full Version : 8 hour layover in Aruba

tennille
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
On my way to Bonaire I had a three hour layover in Aruba so I hung out with my luggage on their patios, which was nice, but on my way back I have a 8 hour layover. Has anyone ever gone to a resort and had them watch their luggage while you pass the time? Or will I need to book (and not use) a room? It's also the day of Carnival (and I may not even be able to fly back into New York because of the impending snow storm).

thanks!

lorimich
02-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Ask the airline if you can stow your luggage. Downtown is so close - the dutch cafe has yummy food!

ModCecil
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
We gone to a resort between flights, the small airlines will not take your luggage early, the big american airlines will. I have recommended that people leave their luggage with the front desk with a tip, I have not done this but I suspect it should work.

tennille
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks! I'm flying Jet Blue so maybe it won't matter, but good to know I can always try to buy people off ;)

yycdiver
02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
My wife and I had a long layover in Aruba several years ago, we rented a jeep and toured the island all day, if you can't check the luggage early then just take it with you for the day, the only down side will be that you'll want to keep the rental vehicle in sight at all times. It's a good way to take in the island.

Good luck.