PDA

View Full Version : United flights to/from BON, December 2013

katehickson
02-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Yes kiddies, it's time to book Christmas flights! I know my Christmas vacation dates, so I thought I'd investigate. AA has Dec 21-Jan 4 available for booking (and I have one on hold), but I really prefer the United red eye out of EWR. I cannot find the days of the week they will be flying...Friday night? Saturday night? Nothing works even though they show my dates are available for booking, even when I click "my dates are flexible". Does anyone know? Thanks.

fraserfraser
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
maybe your looking to book too far in advance? doing that route in July. flying out of boston friday night and leaving bonaire on a saturday.
not sure why there is a difference between airlines.

Vincent
02-07-2013, 03:20 PM
For sure your booking is way too far in advance. These days all airlines reschedule their flights to obtimize their revenue. If the seat per mileage becomes less, than the frequency of flights will diminish. The holiday business influence both the accommodation and flight request dates. That is why most probably AA, United and Delta fly all on Saterday to Bonaire.

Vincent.:D

wwguy
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Kate, try entering departure on Friday 12/20/2013 and return on Saturday 01/04/2014.

You should get the results shown in the image below.

tursiops
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Flights are usually posted 330 days in advance.

katehickson
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
I am within the 330 days in advance...not too early. Thanks wwguy, that was my mistake: because the flight leaves at 11:55pm, it is technically Dec 20, not 21. Don't know why "my dates are flexible" didn't pick up on that. So, I booked it. Hi, I'm Kate...I am a planner. Thanks for the help everyone.

SkyQueen
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Kate

Something I do when I can't get flights to show up is to break the trip into 2 one way flights. That way, I can see which date is causing the problem. It has helped me figure out my error so I can book the round trip. Just a thought.

I'm a planner - Have my Christmas trip booked already.

Gott Fly
SkyQueen

jonz
02-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I've found 'dates are flexible' works differently depending on the airline or service (like Kayak).

lmz
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
we just booked United for April, and they fly out of EWR on Friday night at 11:55 pm.
Returns on Saturday morning at 6am.

wwguy
02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi, I'm Kate...I am a planner. Thanks for the help everyone.

I'm a planner - Have my Christmas trip booked already.

I'm a planner too. Our next return flight from Bonaire is 331 days from today, which is Delta's max advance booking window. We booked tickets this morning.

Not sure why some folks think this is too far in advance. We do this trip every Christmas and have been flying the same airline & itinerary for the last 4 years. A lot of people do the same on the United flights too. If you know your vacation schedule, and you know a good airfare deal when you see it, it seems logical (to me) to book as early as possible. Right now our Delta itinerary out of the NW US is going for $890 vs. $1100 last year.

katehickson
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I try to book Christmas ASAP because Christmas will never go DOWN in price. It's top dollar, and the longer you wait, the higher it goes. I know my dates, it's two full weeks, I'm going for it. Feb is always more of a gamble. I've gotten burned on my Feb dates by pulling that trigger too soon. I got United, first class (!), at Christmas for $1500. I am so ok with that.i have traditionally paid $1000-1200 for coach. At Christmas.