PDA

View Full Version : Liberal accommodations

shark
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
OK, this may be a strange question, and I do not want to offend anyone, but here is my question. Is there any resort that would be OK with my wife going topless at the pool. This is not something she would do every day, but one or two occasions, she might like to get a more complete tan. Any suggestions on where this might be possible ? A private location would be preferred.

ModCecil
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Tough question to answer but a good one. The island is Dutch which seems to be between English and French for modesty. The only resort I can say I'be seen any topless is the Plaza and that was many years ago. Nothing since then.

There's always the option of finding your own private beach which is pretty simple on Bonaire, although you will have to watch for gawking divers who can and do surface anywhere.

shark
12-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Maybe I was thinking more along the lines of a private accommodation, perhaps a house with pool we could rent. I was not aware of any beaches where my lady would feel comfortable. We certainly do not want to offend anyone.

smits
12-31-2012, 05:58 AM
I think the older generation will not appreciate public topless bathing.
Sorobon beach resort used to be a clothing optional beach. Not anymore, but some people still bath topless there.
Washington national park would be a good place to be topless in a natural environment. Some beaches are very secluded. Another one is pretty stretched, giving you enough time to get “decent” before people get to “your part” of the beach.
Klein Bonaire might be an option too.
Remember to use a lot of sun protection!

I can’t help you with private accommodations, because I always use home exchange for my vacations.
In our backyards we had enough privacy to get a full tan.

randl
12-31-2012, 08:14 AM
There are typically a few topless visitors in lounge chairs at Jibe City. No one seems to mind or notice. Of course there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of private villas you can rent from many agencies. In the past we rented from SunRentals at http://www.sunrentalsbonaire.com/. I almost hesitate to suggest anyone as there are many good ones - but they will gladly answer your questions and would have no problem recommending another agency if that's what's right for you.

shark
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
thanks for the info, I will look into a villa, I would be open for suggestions.

Gail Currie
01-01-2013, 04:25 PM
The house we rent is fairly private and we can go topless providing there is no one home next door. In addition to Sun Rentals check Paradise Rentals or even www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) . We spoke to a couple of people in the airport on our last trip and they rented via VRBO. We have a rental here in Florida that is listed there and it is very popular.

Julia
01-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Try Pelican Reef House or Villa Ganshi, both excellent and very private. No pool but on the sea.

shark
01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Again, great info. I was hoping to find something under $1500 USD per week that would be private, not sure if that is possible, but I will contact the Rental places and see what is available. We have several place we normally stay, and they are very nice... this would be a special trip for us so we were looking for something intimate and private.

shark
01-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Really appreciate all the input. I think we are now leaning toward something with a private balcony where we can sit and overlook the ocean without having to get dressed in early morning or at sunset. Again, suggestions are welcome.

ModFreddie
01-06-2013, 05:42 AM
just a word of warning.... the mosquitoes are at their worst at sunrise and sunset...... if you are naked you should have bathed in insect repellent before opening a door or window........

shark
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Good point. Maybe the evening and early morning are not the best times. We might have to be more casual at other times of the day, but again do not want to offend anyone, so would to be private.

handben
02-09-2013, 11:04 AM
This thread is a little stale now at 4 weeks since the last post but if the original poster is still interested, at Eden Beach (Spice Club) when I was there about a year ago many women were topless. There seem to be more Europeans than Americans there. I'd say that the majority do wear a top, but no one seemed to mind those who went topless.

shark
02-09-2013, 03:41 PM
thanks for the info, will certainly check out Eden Beach