PDA

View Full Version : Where to get tanks?

GotAir
12-29-2012, 09:10 PM
We are renting a house and need tanks for diving. Where's the best place to go to get tanks, have them refilled with air, or have tanks delivered? Any idea on cost for this type of service or to refill a tank? Thanks!

Melissa Phillip
12-30-2012, 12:07 AM
We could not be happier with our experiences with Bonaire Dive Friends

http://www.dive-friends-bonaire.com/

The improvements to the Hamlet location are wonderful, especially the new easier access to the Cliff dive site. Being able to use their multiple locations is very convenient.

We have also gained a lot of useful information from the friendly staff members. Until we started using Dive Friends, we didn't realize how anonymous we were at the previous place we used for tanks.

Vann Evans
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
I agree about Dive Friends Bonaire-they are excellent and treat their customers with care and friendliness. We have dived with them the last 3 times while on Bonaire. You can purchase a tank card good for 20 refills at any of their sites on island. They are knowledgeable and competent with boat dives as well.

Vann Evans
A4 Sand Dollar

GotAir
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks Vann and Melissa. Any idea of how much a card costs? Also if we won't to do some boat dives who is reasonable as far as charges.

Melissa Phillip
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Check their web site. We always buy a two week package of unlimited tanks. You can pick up and drop off tanks at their other locations. I am not sure about a fill card.

Julia
12-31-2012, 05:26 AM
We have also had really good service from WannaDive. They also have a few tank locations and they have been really good at working out the best way to pay for our diving.

randl
12-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Buddy Dive will deliver tanks to many locations and you can also obtain a card for their drive through at their resort. You can contact Rob at rob.verschoor@buddydive.com for details.

smits
12-31-2012, 08:52 AM
I only know Wannadive and liked their operation.
Here are their rates: http://www.wannadive.com/wannapress/index.php/tested-subpage/prices/

kob
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
The rates are generally all about $139/week for unlimited tanks/weights for shore diving. Pick a place that is close to where your staying. For example, our house is at Lighthouse Beach, so we usually use Buddy's annex at Belmar. Not all places have nitrox, so check.

Melissa Phillip
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
There is a list of dive operators on the Tourism Bonaire website
http://www.tourismbonaire.com/en/activities-events/diving-snorkeling/operators

grunt
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Another vote for Dive Friends.
One more thing in their favor is that the tank fills are usually over 3000 psi.

DiveSergeant
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
We rented from Dive Friends Bonaire also and they were great. Always helpful in answering questions and a pleasure to deal with.

Hey, Hi Vann and Laura, how are you doing?

ReneeR
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
We just used Dive Friends for the 4th trip and they keep getting better each year. The tank card someone mentioned costs $160 and it has 15 tanks included. It is for people who stay at least 10 days and do not dive enough dives to make the "unlimited" price cheaper. I think it's better to do unlimited if you dive 2 or more dives per day. With the tank card, if you don't use all of the tanks you can save the card and bring it back the next trip. What we like most about Dive Friends is the convenient places to get tanks, Hamlet is a very nice drive-thru now, at the North end of the island, and Port Bonaire at the South end, then Yellow Submarine in the middle of town is easiest for your checkout dive that is required. All the employees at Dive Friends were friendly and customer service there makes you feel welcome.

GotAir
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone! I think we dove with Dive Friends in 2007 as part of our shore excursion, the picture looks familiar. If I'm right, it was a great experience with them...just sent them off an email. Again, thanks for the responses and best wishes to all for a Happy New Years!