PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Diving

jujubees
12-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Can anyone recommend who to dive with on the East Coast? Which dive operation? Can anypne also give me details on what to expect? Thank you Juju

kob
12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
If you want to shore dive on the east side, Bas Tol is your guy bas@basdiving.com

If you want to try boat diving, Bonaire East Coast Diving uses a nice sized zodiac from Lac Bay to east side dive sites www.BonaireEastCoastDiving.com (http://www.bonaireeastcoastdiving.com) I have not met the new owners yet, but we enjoyed diving Funchi's Reef & White Hole with the former owner/same boat a few years ago.

Have fun !!

contrms
01-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I will be diving with Bas next week. I have been diving with him for the last 6 or 7years. He is very knowledgeable about the dive sites, super safety conscious (chewed me out one time for not following his guidance) and just fun to be around. So if you want to dive with someone who is fun, knows his stuff and really cares that you have a safe,exciting dive. Contact Bas Tol.

the other Bas at VIP diving is good also.

Melissa Phillip
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Website For Bas Tol
www.basdiving.com (http://www.basdiving.com)
He is the champion Lionfish hunter too- with 3006 taken in 2012.

Mooth
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
East Coast kind of dissed us. Told us they would take our reservation and dive with us, even though we only had two. I was kind of surprised, because I had read that they would only go in the afternoon with four. Sure enough, a day or two later, they cancelled, saying it was a misunderstanding. It wasn't. They were probably just counting on others signing up, and they didn't. Then they tried to talk us into diving with them next time.

Not impressed. And not really interested in giving them my business "next time."

townses
03-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Last month we dove with East Coast Divers.We had ten divers, so we worked a deal on the price.They leave from Lac Bay in the a.m for the first of two dives.Once outside the reef it can get rough, with waves and swell, however they quickly get you in the water and down on the reef. The RIB they use handles the conditions no problem.As soon as we were on the reef, we came across a nurse shark.There were turtles everywhere and lots of nice big green morays.The soft corals were fantastic.During this dive we went over the reef and dropped into the white hole.....pretty cool.After the first dive they take you back into the bay for your surface interval.The second dive was just as good.I lost count on how many turtles we saw.
Its been a long time since I dove with a DM, however I found them accomdating and safety conscious.I would definately recommend them........