PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please

Dennispatti
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone--we're trying to arrange a long stay on Bonaire starting 2/2. Can't get replies from Divi Divi to arrange charter from Curaçao- don't answer emails. Also, does anyone have Popis email and phone? Who do you think will have best 3 month truck rental rate? Anyone want to rent newer air conditioned 4 door truck pls email us. Thanks!

Edge
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Poppy's e-mail is marcolva@hotmail.com (marcolva@hotmail.com)

Can't help you with the rest of your questions - sorry.

Edge

ruth
12-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I always get a reply from Divi Divi within 24-48 hours, depending upon weekend/holidays, etc. They also still might be trying to figure out who could or who is willing to fly you on a Saturday, plus plane availability (are you trying to charter during daylight or after 5pm?). Pilot's hours get maxed out quickly flying back & forth 16x/day. You could also just try calling Danielle or Germaine at 011-599-563-1913.

Dennispatti
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys! Oboy, I never thought Saturday could be a problem!! You're right as usual Ruth! We'll trying calling them. If we have to we can chane our reservations, again! If you know anyone who wants to sell a good 4 door truck with airco please send them to us too. We'll be on island 180 days a yr now so pondering which makes more sense- but or rent??

Dennispatti
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Sorry Ruth forgot to answer your question. We're coming in 2/2 at 3:35PM on AA flight from Miami- need charter to get kitties there without putting them in cargo- as usual , furkids come first!

ruth
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
You don't need to charter a plane, just reserve every seat on the 5pm if they're still available (and hope AA's on time--you are cutting it very close; if I had a choice, I'd never choose a weekend flight...)--"cargo" on Divi is directly behind the last row anyway--not a big deal--not in the 'belly below' or even really that apart. You will need to speak to Divi directly though, because you'll want to explain what's going on--animals come in as cargo on AA, so just like your luggage, you'll need to pick them up, clear customs & get to the Divi counter to check-in. You may be able to arrange for someone from Divi to be inside the luggage area to take the animals from there to the plane directly...but that's a big maybe (Curacao Douane-Customs is in charge there).

Re: truck-look at the FB page of Bonaire 4 Sale: http://www.facebook.com/groups/318182281596603/

Gmichael
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi...I get pretty good long term rates from Budget.. As for someone renting you their personal car, it is a crime and they get arrested for tax evasion, and other assorted charges. I am sure you know how diffiiuclt it is for letit companies to survice with out the gypsy rentals and illegals taking the clients away..

smits
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone--we're trying to arrange a long stay on Bonaire starting 2/2. Can't get replies from Divi Divi to arrange charter from Curaçao- don't answer emails. Also, does anyone have Popis email and phone? Who do you think will have best 3 month truck rental rate? Anyone want to rent newer air conditioned 4 door truck pls email us. Thanks!

Germaine was a real good help for us. Emails took a day. A phone call helped a lot
When we arrived, somebody of Divi got us out of the long cue, helped us through passport control, helped us with the luggage, advanced the airport tax, helped us again past customs with the luggage and accompanied us to the Divi counter.

I hope your AA flight will not have a lot of delay. If memory serves me well, Divi only does day flights.
I found their charter affordable.

Dennispatti
12-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you Smits, Michael and Ruth- eek, never thought renting privately had implications like that so forget that brilliant notion! Ruth, yup-talking to Danielle about buying several seats- luckily AA is letting us carry on kitties- I'll check with Budget. Thanks!!

Gmichael
12-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Re Budget, I get preferred rates..let me know if I can help.

ModFreddie
12-12-2012, 09:26 AM
tut tut... a little too close for comfort here... no one asked about the preferred rate or Budget for that matter... Please be alittlemore careful Michael........

Dennispatti
12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks Michael! Will definitely do! Also got great service from Divi Divi - all set! I really like that airline- they put up with us and always come thru for us- highly recommend them!