PDA

View Full Version : Insel from Miami

WetWillie
11-28-2012, 08:22 AM
I am starting to plan my trip to Bonaire in late March. Dropping my pup off in South Jersey so looking to travel from Philly to Miami via AA and then to Bonaire via Insel. I would so appreciate any help that anyone can offer who has experience having done this. Freddie Bonaire tells me you guys can help..... Hello Michael Gaynor..... hope to see ya...

kob
11-28-2012, 08:40 AM
We flew Insel from MIA to BON in 2011. Unless something's changed, allow some time between your AA flight and the Insel depart. You will need to collect your bags in MIA, transfer to the Insel terminal, check in & re-check your bags with Insel, then re-clear security to get to your gate. Not too difficult, just a bit time consuming. On Saturday's the Insel flight is direct to BON from MIA; otherwise you will go thru Curacao.

Have a great trip !!

WetWillie
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you KOB..... have been hearing that the flight is no longer going, but my sister who just left Bonaire says... it's re-started??? Just want to know.... can wait to get my toes on Bonaire.... Don and Janet... we are planning....

kob
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
We had friends come for a visit about a month ago on Insel from MIA, so I assume it's still running.

ModFreddie
11-28-2012, 05:42 PM
It is up and running... user error this morning Bill :) thats what happens when I don't have 4 cups of coffee..... :D see my thread down the list a bit for the times.... Insel Announcement

susan
11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
United (Continental) recently reinitiated flights after a six- to eight-week break............Insel Air from Miami continued to fly throughout. They had some adjustments to the outbound flight to Miami, which mandated a stop in Curacao, but that is not the case any longer. I do suggest if you are booking Insel's non-stop flight Miami-Bonaire that you book early. The flight is often filled way in advance with people traveling from Miami onward to Venezuela (the flight continues after Bonaire).

CaptNick
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
We had friends come for a visit about a month ago on Insel from MIA,

Not to self as New Year's resolution... "Make friends with folks who have nice homes on the island...."

kob
11-29-2012, 02:03 PM
You're already a friend, Nick ... just by virtue of the fact that you're a regular on BT !!

AlbertA
11-29-2012, 02:05 PM
The good thing with Insel from MIA to BON is the short check-in line at the airport vis-a-vis AA to Curacao.

On Saturday the flight is CUR-BON-MIA-BON-CUR.
On other days you can fly to CUR and then transfer to BON (which always carries the higher risk of having two flights that might have delays or other problems).

CaptNick
11-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Kob: :-) Looking forward to have cold Polar with you next time we are in your neighbourhood.

Rest: I apologize for having hijacked your thread.. Nick out....