PDA

View Full Version : ol blue

Sue
11-17-2012, 07:48 PM
My dive friends are diving ol blue tomorrow am. I am a nervous Nelly when it come to difficult entries. Anything I should be concerned about or should I just have them drop me off at someplace easy like 18th Palm? Thanks Sue

wwguy
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
You should be fine. It has a relatively long parking & entry area compared to most northern dive sites. The easier entry points are in the middle (between the two vehicle entry point for parking) and on the far southern end, where the ironshore cliff wall starts. It'll be clear to you when you see it.

Here's a satellite image:

stretch
11-17-2012, 11:40 PM
You can do it, have one of your dive buddies carry your tank and set it on the rocks which are on the north
side of the dive site. Then you can sit on a rock shelf and put the tank on. We saw others doing this
and it worked for me as I don't like difficult entries either. Watch for turtles in the shallow water.

Sue
11-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate your input. We leave in 1/2 hour. I sure hope I see those turtles!! Will let you know later. Sue

grunt
11-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Last May there was an easy entry just below the concrete picknick tables, with a couple big boulders marking the spot.
Entry was quite easy with the bottom consisting of small pebbles.
Ease would be determined by size of waves, if any.