PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at Villa Ganshi or Pelican Reef ?

Bonbini
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi there, we are planning to travel to Bonaire next year and looking for a reasonably priced oceanfront private house for our family.
I was searching on the VRBO site and found two houses, Pelican Reef and Villa Ganshi.
As I can see on the website I think they are next to each other.
From what I read in the reviews it looks like one of these is the potential house we are looking for.
Does anyone from BT stayed here in the past?

Please let me know your experiences with these houses, any information is welcome.
Thanks for your help.

D.

Julia
11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes we have stayed regularly at Pelican Reef, we were there less than a month ago. I am very happy for you to e mail me with any questions. We love the place and have stayed at least 6 times.

ModFreddie
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
there is some information about Pelican reef on www.oldbonairetalk.com go to the search and type in with the quotes "Pelican Reef" and hit go at the bottom a whole page comes up

Sue
11-22-2012, 05:56 PM
We've stayed at Pelican Reef and loved it. It's very private and you can dive right from their little dock to Something Special. I'm not a diver but I was very happy snorkeling from the dock to the breakwater. Don't know anything about Villa Ganshi.

susan
11-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Both properties are owned and managed by the same entity, so I would imagine they are run similarly. If everyone enjoys their stays at Pelican Reef, I would imagine it would be just as wonderful at the neighboring Villa Ganshi.

SpencerT
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM
My wife and I have stayed at Pelican Reef the last 3 years for 2 weeks over Christmas. It is the only place we've ever stayed in Bonaire-- we typically like to try new places, but like it so much there's no need to change. It is convenient to town and you can easily walk to restaurants or the Dive Friends @ Yellow Sub dive shop. The house is exactly as it appears on its web site. We especially love the outdoor area......the house is very close to the sea and we spend 100% of our time out on the back deck. I don't think we've ever eaten a meal inside or turned on the TV. But, it does have a phone and a cell phone for you to use, a TV, free wifi, etc. The kitchen is quite nice (we cook a lot), but doen't have a full-size oven (only microwave and toaster oven). But, it has a very nice stove and all of the utensils, etc that you need. Also has a decent propane grill out back. As someone else mentioned, the dive out back is VERY nice (Something Special) and I even love poking around in the shallows before the reef. There are a few coral heads and we've seen just about everything there (morays, turtles, flounder, grouper, sharp-tailed eels, crabs, shrimp, all of the typical tropicals, etc).

Not really anything I can think of to complain about the place. The owner and caretaker are the same two guys for this house and the one next door. We've never stayed at the other one, but I think it is mostly the same.

Hope this helps!

-Spencer