PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Dives with VIP?

handben
10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I am planning a trip down in January and would like to do some different dives this time down. This will be my 6th trip. I know most of the sites from Nukove down to the light-house. I have heard great things about VIP divers but haven't seen much in the way of trip reports shore diving the east side. Their site gives some intriguing descriptions though. I like adventure, but I do not have a death-wish. I am in pretty good physical shape and have a good number of dives under my belt. I am hoping that others will be will to share their experiences of diving that side... Thanks.

kob
10-03-2012, 03:05 AM
We did dive the east side with VIP last fall ... had a great time. Will make two recommendations ... 1) if you want to dive from a boat/zodiac, contact Bas Noij at VIPDiving.com and he can arrange for you to have a great time; 2) if you are interested in some east coast shore diving "off the beaten path", contact Bas Tol at BasDiving.com and he will be able to give you some great unusual dives on the east coast. Both Bas's are exceptionally knowledgable & a lot of fun to dive with. We are diving with both of them again later this month. Enjoy !!

J Brown
10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Dove with Bas T in August. Great time. Have been diving Bonaire for 15 years and saw my first sharks in one dive with him. No manta yet. :(

bnoij
10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
For the record, we dive East Coast from shore but stick to the easier sites. For the more challenging stuff we direct our guests to Bas Tol. And indeed we can help you set up boat dives on the East Coast as well!

handben
10-06-2012, 06:15 PM
That you all for the information. In talking with my brother who will be my dive buddy this trip, he wants to stay on the leeward side and dive in a more relaxed manner. I guess I will have to add this to my bucket list for future trips.

bnoij
10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
We do off the beaten track dives on the leeward side as well!