PDA

View Full Version : Reference request for Bonaire Comfort Rentals

Silverado
09-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I have recently been in contact with Bonaire Comfort Rentals about booking accommodation for a 2 week stay in Bonaire. Deposit has been requested via bank wire transfer. In the last 6 years of extensive travels I have never had to wire funds (usually Visa, Paypal, etc). Can anyone provide a character reference for the nice lady running this business?
Thanks

stretch
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes, we can provide a great reference for her. She is well organized and runs
a good business. You can feel secure with her. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mooth
09-06-2012, 04:51 PM
We are working with Jolanda. She seems very friendly. As we weren't comfortable with a wire transfer, we opted to send a cashiers check instead. Mail to Bonaire seems to take a long time. Nonetheless, we will send the rest a month before our stay.

handben
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
When I stayed at Windsock apartments in January, I had to wire funds as well. The wire transfer cost about $60 once my bank and theirs took their cuts. I won't do that again if I have a choice.

Julia
09-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I have found a way of doing a wire transfer fron the UK at no cost to myself. I am happy to let folks know how to do it through Caxton if they get in touch.

lorimich
09-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi,

Yes, JoLanda is very nice, and from my limited experience with her through email, she appeared to be accomodating. We almost rented with her.
~Lori

lorimich
09-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Handben,

I'm assuming that Windstock apartments is the same place, accross form the airport, correct? We looked at a 1bdrm at Port Bonaire.
How did you find the location to be? WE almost rented from there but was told that the cruise ships are brought to the beach next to the apartments/resort, and you have to watch out for boats when swimming out because the resort is sitting on a marina opening. What are your thoughts about the resort?
~Lori

jonz
09-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Handben,

I'm assuming that Windstock apartments is the same place, accross form the airport, correct? We looked at a 1bdrm at Port Bonaire.

~Lori

Windsock apartments are further south, beyond the airport.

HTH - Bea

connie
09-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Handben,

How did you find the location to be? WE almost rented from there but was told that the cruise ships are brought to the beach next to the apartments/resort, and you have to watch out for boats when swimming out because the resort is sitting on a marina opening. What are your thoughts about the resort?
~Lori

There is a cruise ship shore excursion that brings a group of passengers to Te Amo Beach for a snorkel excursion. Cruise ships do not come to the beach. The shore excursion is not really noticeable from Port Bonaire as there is a secure gate (which can only be opened with a code available to Port Bonaire residents and guests) between the public beach and the resort. As with any location where boats come and go, one must be aware of his/her surroundings when swimming. It is a very short swim across the channel to fabulous snorkeling and diving - -Windsock to the left or 18th Palm to the right. My thoughts about Port Bonaire is that it is great, but perhaps I am biased : )

Connie
owner OceanScape Bonaire & OceanVista Bonaire
(Google them!)